• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Crazy Idea: Sign UFA Minshew, Draft a TE

MHS831

Now that we are out of the running for a top QB in this draft--and I doubt we have the capital to move up--I say take a close look at Gardner Minshew.  Draft a stud Offensive weapon TE instead.

The Minshew deal would remind me of the Jake Delhomme acquisition.  We would have a 26-27 year old QB who is a fiery leader.  A solid OL, and a new tool for the offense--today's NFL offenses need a productive receiving TE.  If we continue to run the ball, you do not need a $50m QB.

With the way the Defense is playing, and if we can improve the Offense at 2 spots (TE, QB), I think the Panthers would be in "win now" mode. 

I am just speculating for fun, and I realize there are hundreds of scenarios, but I have always liked Minshew and I think, in the right system, he could be very good.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

22 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

And hell, even if you draft Anthony Richardson signing a guy like Minshew as a bridge/mentor wouldn't be a bad idea. You don't want to be forced to play a guy like that until he's truly ready.

Minshew, Richardson, and Eagles OC has been mentioned a few times on here.

• Pie 1
  • The D 1

1 hour ago, CarolinaLivin said:

We’ve hit that point where we can’t even hope for more. We’re just hoping to get a delhomme? No. Take a risk. Give me a guy that has a high ceiling. Draft THE guy. We’ve hoped the last like 3 QBs could at least be a jake. Where has that gotten us? 

Are you kidding me? I'd love to have another Delhomme. I'd rather have another Cam but he'll yeah I'd take another Delhomme. Put a prime Jake Delhomme on this team and we could make some noise.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Are you kidding me? I'd love to have another Delhomme. I'd rather have another Cam but he'll yeah I'd take another Delhomme. Put a prime Jake Delhomme on this team and we could make some noise.

I know what you’re saying. But do you not see yourself settling for less? Not saying jake was terrible or having someone of his level/skillset isn’t an improvement of what we currently have. Didn’t mean to make it look like i was bashing him that hard lol

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

I know what you’re saying. But do you not see yourself settling for less? Not saying jake was terrible or having someone of his level/skillset isn’t an improvement of what we currently have. Didn’t mean to make it look like i was bashing him that hard lol

Are we supposed to settle for nothing less than GOAT level QB play? Should the Chargers castoff Herbert because he isn't Mahomes? I mean, if they're so inclined I'd gladly oblige them.

3 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

All stud TEs to consider...this draft is abundant IMO.

Cam Latu

Arik Gilbert

Tucker Kraft

Luke Schoonmaker

Sam LaPorta

Darnell Washington

Dalton Kincaid

Luke Musgrave

Michael Mayer

Give me Kincade with one of our second rounders.