• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Mcadoo developing Darnold??

WOW!!

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Which is why I've been focused on the future since we parted ways with Cam, meanwhile the Panthers have been obsessed with bandaid approaches to desperately trying to win now.

Yes, Mahomes is still great without Kelce and Hill. Hill is already gone. Mahomes is still great. Andy Reid is the greatest offensive coach ever. Yes, he deserves a ton of credit. But before Mahomes he was just a guy who could never win the big game.

Band-aid how when we're winning? This isn't Madden even against bad teams its a fight to win. We're winning right now and you refuse to accept it as viable, dismissing how we win. I've given you teams that are running the ball Right Now at this very moment, and even conceded that if we go QB, I'd like to go Richardson but you refuse to accept the fact that this is who we are this is our future. It's not a band-aid if its working, and that also doesn't mean it can't improve.

Mahomes is still great right now without Kelce and Hill, but when I asked you that question earlier that was in the context of when he first starts. The reason the Chiefs move on from Alex Smith isn't because he's bad -- it's because his weakness goes against  the gameplan. He didn't have the zip to attack tight windows or coverages in zone, nor the improv skills to have it break down. Mahomes had both, plus the added element of a cannon for an arm. That system is what makes the legacy of Mahomes, unless you mean to tell me you think year 2 Mahomes is an MVP and then taking them to the SB on the Bears with that offense. 

24 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Cornered? How am I cornered? You keep making bad arguments and I keep letting you off the hook by not mocking you for them.

Your first gotcha example was how Todd Gurley led the Rams to a SB. Ignoring the reality that Gurley had been there for years and it was the addition of Stafford and his 4800+ yards and 40+ TDs that was the difference. Now you're trying to suggest Mahomes wouldn't be as great without Hill while Mahomes is playing great with Tyreke Hill suiting up for the Dolphins.

Listen, if you want to convince yourself that we can win a SB with Sam Darnold then by all means delude yourself. But don't act like it's an opinion built on anything other than emotion. 

Todd Gurley had been there for years, McVay has not. McVay was handed Gurley and and Goff, took them to a superbowl. You mention me ignoring things, but then ignored that fact that the Rams replaced one OMVP with another in Cooper Kupp. And thats not mentioning the additions on defense. Or how OBJ > DJax. In lieu of the draft, they kept adding proven talents on top of what they had already! That's how they won!

You also keep ignoring the fact -- my literal second line that no one is saying we win a SB with Darnold. At least not me. You keep saying you're "for the future" -- the build on how we're winning now. That's how you get better in the future.  The Chiefs did it. The Bills did it. The Bucs did it. The Titans are literally doing it, right now (I rly expect them to trade up from one of the QBs, be surprised if they don't). They won first, then got QBs. 

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

We're "winning"? Have you seen our record?

3-1 under Sam with a functional passing game. We're the best team in our shitty division and look to be in abt as good as position for "The future" as the Falcons right now, so it looks to be sustainable for a bit longer. The NFC as a whole looks pretty weak to the run game, with only the Eagles and 49ers having elite run defenses. 

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We have been so bad for so long some of y'all have reduced your standards to hardly anything.

No believe it or not my standard is still "Win a super bowl" I just don't think throwing poo at all wall and going "Hurr durr, this'll work" is the answer, nor do I think tanking is a realistic expectation in the immediate future. So it's either absolutely limbo in mediocrity or at least formulate a plan with what we have.

I do believe that yes, eventually, we're going to need a QB that takes us over the top, but I don't think you can convince me that Richardson or Levis ceiling is substantially high enough to make up for how low their floor is. Adding talent to this offense should be the objective, if Sam sucks so be it but it's better than Richardson sucking and we having nothing to show for it.

Edited by Rags

3 minutes ago, Rags said:

Todd Gurley had been there for years, McVay has not. McVay was handed Gurley and and Goff, took them to a superbowl. You mention me ignoring things, but then ignored that fact that the Rams replaced one OMVP with another in Cooper Kupp. And thats not mentioning the additions on defense. Or how OBJ > DJax. In lieu of the draft, they kept adding proven talents on top of what they had already! That's how they won!

You also keep ignoring the fact -- my literal second line that no one is saying we win a SB with Darnold. At least not me. You keep saying you're "for the future" -- the build on how we're winning now. That's how you get better in the future.  The Chiefs did it. The Bills did it. The Bucs did it. The Titans are literally doing it, right now (I rly expect them to trade up from one of the QBs, be surprised if they don't). They won first, then got QBs. 

They won the SB because they went out and got a fuging franchise QB.

You keep making terrible, easily proven incorrect arguments. The Bucs we're not winning. They went 5-11, 5-11, and 7-9 prior to signing Brady and winning the SB. The Bills did go 9-7 the year prior to drafting Allen, but prior to that had missed the playoffs for 17 straight seasons. No one would try to argue they were building a winning culture in Buffalo prior to Josh Allen. The Chiefs were the only team you mentioned there that were actually winning when they drafted their franchise QB and it was because Andy Reid was smart enough to know they'd gone as far as they were going to get with Alex Smith and needed a top tier talent at QB to get over the hump

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They won the SB because they went out and got a fuging franchise QB.

You keep making terrible, easily proven incorrect arguments. The Bucs we're not winning. They went 5-11, 5-11, and 7-9 prior to signing Brady and winning the SB. The Bills did go 9-7 the year prior to drafting Allen, but prior to that had missed the playoffs for 17 straight seasons. No one would try to argue they were building a winning culture in Buffalo prior to Josh Allen. The Chiefs were the only team you mentioned there that were actually winning when they drafted their franchise QB and it was because Andy Reid was smart enough to know they'd gone as far as they were going to get with Alex Smith and needed a top tier talent at QB to get over the hump

qb purgatory is actually very good, you see.

5 minutes ago, Rags said:

No believe it or not my standard is still "Win a super bowl" I just don't think throwing poo at all wall and going "Hurr durr, this'll work" is the answer, nor do I think tanking is a realistic expectation in the immediate future. So it's either absolutely limbo in mediocrity or at least formulate a plan with what we have.

I do believe that yes, eventually, we're going to need a QB that takes us over the top, but I don't think you can convince me that Richardson or Levis ceiling is substantially high enough to make up for how low their floor is. Adding talent to this offense should be the objective, if Sam sucks so be it but it's better than Richardson sucking and we having nothing to show for it.

All the best young QBs currently in the league had serious question marks entering the draft and only one of them (Burrow) went #1 overall. Most (Allen, Mahomes, Herbert) weren't the #1 QB taken in their draft class. Maybe Lawrence is going to enter this conversation and change that narrative, but still... the best young QBs in the league setup the argument to take a swing on the best physical talent as long as you think the kid has a good head on his shoulders.