• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Off-season priority

WarHeel

Obviously we have plenty of needs, the most pertinent determining who our next HC and starting QB will be. Outside of this we need to be looking at the rest of our offense.   

Specifically someone who can get open and catch a pass. DJ is too hot and cold. TMJ ain’t it. Our TEs can’t be relied on for anything other than blocking. CMC obviously masked this deficiency and it’s glaring what our identity has been the last several weeks which is severely problematic when your RB averages less than 3 yard per carry multiple weeks. 

Saints now have 2 young and hungry studs at the WR position and if they settle their QB position it will be the same song and dance we’ve seen in this division all over again via Michael Thomas, Julio Jones, and Mike Evans setting records on this secondary and us not being able to keep pace with scoring.

You guys want an offensive minded HC? Great.

We need some offensive players too. 

Edited by WarHeel

8 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

For all the pissing and moaning about QB, there is nobody to throw to.  I hope this rookie QB can throw to himself.

Which is why we need a decent OC. They can scheme guys open. 
The QB is also a disaster. 2/9 for -4 net yard and an INT is unacceptable. If we want to give him credit when he throws check downs an Hubbard takes it 40 yards he gets some of the blame here as well.

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The QB is also a disaster. 2/9 for -4 net yard and an INT is unacceptable. If we want to give him credit when he throws check downs an Hubbard takes it 40 yards he gets some of the blame here as well.

That was definitely a bad throw. Everything else has been bad today with the exception of Hubbard. I’d give Foreman some love but that selfish retaliation is going to cost us way more than the Saints lost. 

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah they ran a rub route with DJ across the field who got switched on a LB.  FINALLY got open and Sam found him.

Just now, ForJimmy said:

And Sam fumbles into the end zone where our backup guard bails him out… 

Yeah, that sucked, but a TD none-the-less.  Also, if a new OC can scheme the WRs open, then the QB can find them.  As of now, the WRs can't get open and McAdoo can't scheme them open, except running them all the way across the field through the zone hoping for a mismatch.  I wonder how many more times that play will get dialed up.

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Yeah, that sucked, but a TD none-the-less.  Also, if a new OC can scheme the WRs open, then the QB can find them.  As of now, the WRs can't get open and McAdoo can't scheme them open, except running them all the way across the field through the zone hoping for a mismatch.  I wonder how many more times that play will get dialed up.

McAdoo can’t scheme them open quick enough and Sam can’t handle pressure. We need to replace both (Sam’s fine as a backup). 

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

McAdoo can’t scheme them open quick enough and Sam can’t handle pressure. We need to replace both (Sam’s fine as a backup). 

For the most part Sam has done a good job of not taking the sack today. I haven’t been clocking the snaps but he sure as hell doesn’t have a lot of time and every time they pan out no one is open.

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I will not argue that, BUT the problem I have is the clamoring for  a rookie QB when we are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo deficient on the offensive side of the ball that a rookie QB will not make on bit of difference.  Actually, he will likely make things worse because of utter lack of help around him.  At least a veteran QB can handle the adversity.