• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wilks won't be coach.

RumHam

11 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

I give Wilks credit for doing a good, job considering what he inherited from the Rhule administration but I am afraid the loss to the Bucs that would have won the division probably did him in.

Wilks did enough to get noticed around the league. I doubt it will be enough for Tepper however.

I think he's not a bad "head" coach. But I do not like his defensive philosophy, at least what he's shown so far. This seasons defense he gets partial demerits on only because he inherited it. But how he ran it after getting it is all on him and it's just not good.

It would have been a great story but those kinds of stories are as rare as unicorns.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 2

8 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Wilks did enough to get noticed around the league. I doubt it will be enough for Tepper however.

I think he's not a bad "head" coach. But I do not like his defensive philosophy, at least what he's shown so far. This seasons defense he gets partial demerits on only because he inherited it. But how he ran it after getting it is all on him and it's just not good.

It would have been a great story but those kinds of stories are as rare as unicorns.

I think you hit the nail on the head about what went on with the defense when he became HC.  It got worse.

All the stories out there that he didn't agree with Snow's defensive philosophy and he wasn't running an NFL defense are moot to me because he was named interim coach and booted Snow.  Why didn't Wilks then, along with Holcomb, start implementing what they thought was missing from our non-NFL defense?  I will give them the fact that maybe the personnel wasn't there to do everything they may have wanted, but I don't see why they didn't go ahead and pull Chinn from S and put him in at LB.  We had other safeties that could have been plugged in and it's possible Chinn makes more of an impact and the safety we put out there contributes roughly what Chinn did.

• Pie 1