• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper should be inquiring about McVay

t96

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

His record wasn't so hot, though. 

And while I'll grant his rep may have been as much about things that were off the field (TV career, etc) fans were pounding for teams to call him on pretty much an annual basis.

Doubt that happens now...

I don't think fans were pounding for him as much as that owner was.

14 hours ago, t96 said:

There's so much smoke here with McVay that I think it would be a huge mistake to not at least check in on the situation. McVay is no doubt an elite offensive minded HC, exactly what we're looking for and need. Mixed reports on him wanting to take time off/actually retire and go into broadcasting or if he sees the writing on the wall for the Rams with Stafford's health/age, their cap situation and all the picks they gave up to go all in for last year. If his current hemming and hawing is the latter, we should be going all out trying to trade for him and convince him to want to continue to build his legacy here. Odds are he is considering a legit retirement but if there's any chance he just wants out of LA and would coach for another team we should be trying to be in the mix. Just my opinion...

Gruden cost the Bucs two first and two second round picks. There’s been talk of what it would cost for teams to get Sean Payton in 2023, some say it could be a similar package or slightly less. 

What would Sean McVay cost and is it worth it?

I suspect the cost would be considerable and potentially it might not be worth it if the TV analyst question mark followed him here. You can’t trade for a guy that might retire after a season to pursue a TV career. 

For me, look at other options. As good as McVay is, I think he’ll follow the Gruden route to TV.