• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

People seem to be sleeping on Mike Kafka as a candidate

Ricky Spanish

Just now, Panthers316 said:

Why please tell me because  I  just saw shane steichen put a huge ass whompin on the giants defense 

What’s that got to do with how good he will be as a head coach??

Philly has a better team then the Giants and he isn’t the HC..

• Pie 1

@WOW!!if you can honestly watch that Bucs game with no in game adjustments and STILL believe Wilks is the best HC than you must still be on Rivera/Shula jock. This fan base is pathetic sometimes with being complacent with being mediocre. Should want a HC who will build a fluid unstoppable force of a team and Wilks is CLEARLY not that individual. Plain and simple

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, BEASTfromdaEAST said:

@WOW!!if you can honestly watch that Bucs game with no in game adjustments and STILL believe Wilks is the best HC than you must still be on Rivera/Shula jock. This fan base is pathetic sometimes with being complacent with being mediocre. Should want a HC who will build a fluid unstoppable force of a team and Wilks is CLEARLY not that individual. Plain and simple

There's an interview with Peyton Manning (I think) it's nfl players or a former coach.  

Says halftime adjustments and game adjustments don't happen, it's up to the players to out execute the other team. 

9 hours ago, BEASTfromdaEAST said:

This is a stupid as hell opinion.. if we’re going by 1 game to judge a coach most of the league wouldn’t have coaches..

Edited by WOW!!

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

This is a stupid as hell opinion.. if we’re going by 1 game to judge a coach most of the league wouldn’t have coaches..

I just think it's hilarious that all you wine and cheese Panthers fans love mediocrity. Then you complain when the team sucks. Wilks is the definition of mediocre. I respect the hell out of him for getting this team to play hard but the fact no other team has requested a HC interview for him should be a clue. Like a BIG CLUE duh duh duh 

9 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

There's an interview with Peyton Manning (I think) it's nfl players or a former coach.  

Says halftime adjustments and game adjustments don't happen, it's up to the players to out execute the other team. 

Of course you need to execute lolol. Sometimes the defense just shuts down your game plan or offense is running the score up and adjustments need to happen. Sending you 3rd string on Mike Evans with no safety help is inexcusable and a forgeable offense.

I'd love to hear this interview. Tell that to Belicheat who is the king of on game adjustments and his record proves that. Adjustments need to happen continuously in the game. That's some basic football 101 ish next to execution 

9 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

I think on the player's side, there's no adjustments, but on the coaching side, they all get together, regroup, talk about what's working and what isn't, and then make adjustments with playcalling for the next half.

Then it's up to the players to execute those plays. 

4 minutes ago, BEASTfromdaEAST said:

I just think it's hilarious that all you wine and cheese Panthers fans love mediocrity. Then you complain when the team sucks. Wilks is the definition of mediocre. I respect the hell out of him for getting this team to play hard but the fact no other team has requested a HC interview for him should be a clue. Like a BIG CLUE duh duh duh 

I find it Hilarious that you make bold generalizations and make that the backbone of your opinion..  I also find it funny how we need to base our opinions on a person because “other teams aren’t doing this and that” lol.. Let’s just hire Hackett because a lot of teams interviewed him.. Have your opinion cool but at least have some facts other then “wine and cheese” and what other teams are doing..

4 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I think on the player's side, there's no adjustments, but on the coaching side, they all get together, regroup, talk about what's working and what isn't, and then make adjustments with playcalling for the next half.

Then it's up to the players to execute those plays. 

Nah he legit said there isn't enough time In a game to change your gamelan at all. You've got 30 plays pre scripted for a game and might call 60 plays total for a game. It's just not a thing. 

Edited by carpanfan96

10 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Nah he legit said there isn't enough time In a game to change your gamelan at all. You've got 30 plays pre scripted for a game and might call 60 plays total for a game. It's just not a thing. 

Welp, let's also be real here, He's Payton friggin Manning. There's no OC in the world that was going to tell him what "adjustments" needed to be made because he already knew it. 

I honestly can't believe that there aren't coaches out there who look at the data of what is and isn't working so far, and start calling more plays that attack the middle of the field/get the ball out quicker due to an injury on the line/running the ball more, whatever it may be based on the current situation of the game. 

You may have 60 plays available for the game, but if all the outside run plays aren't working, you should have the wherewithal to not continuously spam those outside runs the rest of the game and "adjust" what you may call in similar situations in the second half. 

I'm not talking complete gameplan changes on the fly, I'm talking identifying what is and isn't working for the week's gameplan, and ignoring the plays that aren't working the rest of the game. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Welp, let's also be real here, He's Payton friggin Manning. There's no OC in the world that was going to tell him what "adjustments" needed to be made because he already knew it. 

I honestly can't believe that there aren't coaches out there who look at the data of what is and isn't working so far, and start calling more plays that attack the middle of the field/get the ball out quicker due to an injury on the line/running the ball more, whatever it may be based on the current situation of the game. 

You may have 60 plays available for the game, but if all the outside run plays aren't working, you should have the wherewithal to not continuously spam those outside runs the rest of the game and "adjust" what you may call in similar situations in the second half. 

I'm not talking complete gameplan changes on the fly, I'm talking identifying what is and isn't working for the week's gameplan, and ignoring the plays that aren't working the rest of the game. 

Hey I'm just repeating what he said. I can't confirm it as I've never played in the NFL. 😂

• Beer 1