• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Trade Thread

Panthers Fan 69

1 hour ago, panthers81 said:

Joel Edmundson might be available. I'd take him back! 

Timo, OReilly, Toews, Larkin, Edmundson. We need to grab one of the centers and either Timo or Edmundson. I think the honeymoon is over for the FO after this season. They need to show they are interested in improving and actually doing something by the time trade deadlines approach. If they sit back and do nothing and we quickly exit the playoffs yet again, they should be on the hot seat next season.

Edited by KillerKat
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Timo, OReilly, Toews, Larkin, Edmundson. We need to grab one of the centers and either Timo or Edmundson. I think the honeymoon is over for the FO after this season. They need to show they are interested in improving and actually doing something by the time trade deadlines approach. If they sit back and do nothing and we quickly exit the playoffs yet again, they should be on the hot seat next season.

Relax my dude. It’s still the regular season.  

• Pie 4

11 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

im just tired come playoff time, everyone goes quiet and turns a complete 180 and we go back home again.

That’s fair. But we still have This  year to write this years teams history. Minus last night, going into the allstar break everyone would agree we were the best team in the league. Even myself, we need step back and not over react. Rod knows what we need to do. 

• Pie 4

The fact remains. This team as is will not win the Cup. I’m all for sustaining our window but we could have a very different team in just 2 years with the amount of UFA/RFAs coming off the books. This team NEEDS a consistent scorer. Svech, Necas, Aho all disappear for long stretches and in the playoffs that’s not going to cut it - especially against those NHL darlings like the Rangers who are going to get PP opportunities and convert on a lot of them. If it takes Jarvis+ to get Meier, I would make that trade today. The front office acknowledged that deficiency with the Patches trade so I trust them to make a game changing trade before the deadline.

Edited by USDepartmentOfSavagery
  • Pie 2

The trade will happen and it will be impactful.

The Canes have proven more than once they can beat the Bruins, the Caps and Tampa Bay. The team they cannot get past is the Rangers, who aren't as good as any of the 3 teams I just mentioned. The Rangers run a very simple offense, but the Canes are very aggressive puck defenders. This is a problem when playing the Rangers, because they always have someone breaking to the middle of the ice the minute the Canes get too deep defensively. The result is the breakaways you saw Saturday night.

• Pie 4

14 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

That’s fair. But we still have This  year to write this years teams history. Minus last night, going into the allstar break everyone would agree we were the best team in the league. Even myself, we need step back and not over react. Rod knows what we need to do. 

tbh, until they turn it on in the playoffs and play like they should, I havent been buying into the hype of the regular season. I just dont trust the team yet enough to buy into it.  I would be fine if we lost in one of the rounds in the playoffs as long as we played like we should. The complete disappearing act is what bothers me most from this team.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1