• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With our second pick in the draft…

JawnyBlaze

32 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Washington is too talented to fail imo.

A guy that size and that athletic could become a major threat with the right coaching.

If nothing else he has shown you he is the best blocking TE in this draft. He would help our run game even more. I honestly see no downside with Darnell Washington.

I agree. Washington is my favorite TE in this class because AT WORST I think he’s basically an extra olineman AND he more than likely will be available with our first 2nd round pick. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

What tight ends in the last couple of drafts have been worthy of a first round selection?

2010: Gronk (top 5), Jimmy Graham (mid), Aaron Hernandez (mid)

2011: Julius Thomas (late)

2012: NONE

2013: Kelce (top 5), Zach Ertz (mid), Jordan Reed (late)

2014: NONE

2015: Darren Waller (late)

2016: Hunter Henry (late)

2017: George Kittle (top 10), Evan Engram (late)

2018: Mark Andrews (mid), Dallas Goedert (late)

2019: TJ Hockenson (mid)

So according to that decade, 14 total TEs for an avg of 1.4 worthy of 1st round selection per year. A top 10 draft pick-worthy TE comes along once every 3-4 years. There is typically ONE tight end worthy of mid-round or higher selection every year. Picking the right one is the tricky part.

Edited by ECHornet
Chose that decade because it's the 10 year period where the players had all completed their rookie contracts.

4 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

So according to that decade, 14 total TEs for an avg of 1.4 worthy of 1st round selection per year. A top 10 draft pick-worthy TE comes along once every 3-4 years. There is typically ONE tight end worthy of mid-round or higher selection every year. Picking the right one is the tricky part.

Thanks for proving my point.  Tight ends in the nfl do not hold first round value.  and I could debate you on a lot of those names.  TJ H is most certainly not living to his draft position as is goedert, engram, waller or henry and andrews is up for debate. 

Kittle and Kelce are beasts no doubts but as you just showed they are extreme outliers.  Picking a te in the first is fuging stupid, picking a te in the top 10 is beyond moronic.

What te in the past 2 drafts have been worth it?

• Poo 1

10 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

and furthermore, even if we use your data (which is incredibly flawed) you have only 7 tight ends in the past 8 drafts that, in your opinion, are worthy of a first round grade based on career results.    Thats barely 1 a draft that makes consideration and that is a stretch at the very very best

Tight ends in the nfl do no hold first round value.  We've had like 4 in 2 decades that are true game changers

17 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Thanks for proving my point.  Tight ends in the nfl do not hold first round value.  and I could debate you on a lot of those names.  TJ H is most certainly not living to his draft position as is goedert, engram, waller or henry and andrews is up for debate. 

Kittle and Kelce are beasts no doubts but as you just showed they are extreme outliers.  Picking a te in the first is fuging stupid, picking a te in the top 10 is beyond moronic.

You wouldn't be debating me, you'd be debating multiple redraft articles I found online. I didn't put a single TE up there that wasn't found in a redraft article being taken in the 1st round. Then I viewed their stats and made an attempt to split them up by position in the 1st round.

Hockenson and Goedert are both averaging over 40 receiving yards/game and more TDs per game than DJ Moore. They are worthy of 1st round selections.

There are also borderline tight ends like Kyle Rudolph, Tyler Eifert, and Noah Fant that would be borderline last pick in the 1st types, but more likely 2nd rounders.

Your point was to NEVER select a TE in the first. I proved that wrong.

Edited by ECHornet
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

I doubt this but I guess crazier things have happened. In this case I'm grabbing a DE and WR/TE in the 2nd and not trading nothing. I like the 2nd round value this year

Getting Stroud and keeping all our picks is the best scenario  we could ask for. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

19 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

You wouldn't be debating me, you'd be debating multiple redraft articles I found online. I didn't put a single TE up there that wasn't found in a redraft article being taken in the 1st round. Then I viewed their stats and made an attempt to split them up by position in the 1st round.

Hockenson and Goedert are both averaging over 40 receiving yards/game and more TDs per game than DJ Moore. They are worthy of 1st round selections.

There are also borderline tight ends like Kyle Rudolph, Tyler Eifert, and Noah Fant that would be borderline last pick in the 1st types, but more likely 2nd rounders.

Your point was to NEVER select a TE in the first. I proved that wrong.

Geodert career highs are 58 catches 5 tds 800 yards.  Seriously what in the holy fug are you talking about, if you knew that was what you were getting predraft you would still select him in the first?  GTFO man.   Even then if I agreed with your opinion thats only 7 guys in 8 drafts.  Thats not value

• Poo 1

33 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Rushing Receiving
Rk Player From To Att Yds TD Rec Yds TD
1 Mark Andrews 2018 2022 0.1 0.1 0.0 4.4 56.0 0.4
2 D.J. Moore 2018 2022 0.5 4.2 0.0 4.6 65.0 0.3

If DJ is worth a 1st round selection, so is Mark Andrews at TE.

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Geodert career highs are 58 catches 5 tds 800 yards.  Seriously what in the holy fug are you talking about, if you knew that was what you were getting predraft you would still select him in the first?  GTFO man.   Even then if I agreed with your opinion thats only 7 guys in 8 drafts.  Thats not value

You and few others would pass on a TE in the 1st if you knew they'd give you over 40 yards and more TDs per game than your #1 WR. 

Edited by ECHornet