• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question about Matt Corral

jfra78

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean, I guess. But I honestly know nothing about him other than he's been in the league forever and went to Michigan.

We hear the same things all the time about Sam, "he is a nice guy", "good teammate",  "only 25 years old".  Where are comments about Sam standing tall in the pocket, putting the team on his back, student of the game, and wily vet leading comebacks?

Instead we have people saying Sam Darnold isn't a lost cause.  There's still hope to save him, still a chance to teach him how to read defenses and break him of his bad habits. 

Seriously, is this a vet or a rookie we're talking about? 

I'm not sure I'd want Sam Darnold anywhere near my prized rookie QB.   

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Which QB would you rather have now?

I never trashed Corral for not being Howell. I said he was my #2 QB in the draft. I would've taken Howell but I wasn't mad about taking Corral. But damn... the gap was wider than I thought it was.

ripp did this same shtick with Kyle Trask a few years ago. This is just what he does. He's never been wrong about anything, just ask him.

The shtick THAT year would have gotten us Micah Parsons instead of Horn and Kyle Trask competing with Matt Corral.

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

His knee caused him to not be drafted at all? Not even a 7th rounder? Is his knee still currently injured?

He played directly after surgery after the doctor told him not to. He had a good/great season but at what cost later?

He had heart. I respect that. Not someone jumping off their supposed bandwagon not even having seen their second favorite player actually play a game or get reps. It's total nonsense. 

All I've got to say is get on the bandwagon while you can. Seats are filling up.

4 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

He played directly after surgery after the doctor told him not to. He had a good/great season but at what cost later?

He had heart. I respect that. Not someone jumping off their supposed bandwagon not even having seen their second favorite player actually play a game or get reps. It's total nonsense. 

All I've got to say is get on the bandwagon while you can. Seats are filling up.

Which bandwagon? Strong was your original? You knew he had an injured knee when you were hyping him up.

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Which bandwagon? Strong was you original? You knew he had an injured knee when you were hyping him up.

His performance never dropped. He may yet make a return but he may need to take his time and heal. Tough break for an obviously good QB. In hindsight he should have took a year off and came back his senior year instead of rushing it.

Screenshot_20230212-225728~2.png

Edited by rippadonn

13 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Which bandwagon? Strong was your original? You knew he had an injured knee when you were hyping him up.

Again it was the OFFICIAL JUSTIN HERBERT BANDWAGON, Hurndog was riding shotgun on that one, you know, Mr. One Punch.

I was on the OFFICIAL MICAH in the 1st, TRASK in the second (who is still in the NFL) BANDWAGON

Yes I was on the OFFICIAL CARSON STRONG BANDWAGON. He may be back on a team after rehabilitation, who knows?

I said on this here site at the very same time that IF NOT Carson, Matt Corral had the most impressive completion percentages consecutively like Carson therefore a good pick also.

Later the Panthers brought in Matt Corral predraft and I was like yeah, MY ACTUAL SECOND CHOICE who's BANDWAGON I've never jumped off of like other FAKE Corral fans who are going to have crawl back on their bellies when he balls out or remain haters much like the annoying and ungrateful anti-Cam crowd.