• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Go for Carr hard and save #9 pick?

Jmac

46 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

He's thrown for 35k yards in his career with a 2-1 TD-INT ratio (with over 200TDs).

So yeah, he's proven he's a pretty damn good NFL QB. 

So damn good he's now a FA!

Mid QB is what Carr is. Those QB's get you nowhere in the NFL. What we need is a franchise QB. This team will continue to fail if we don't get the right QB to lead us.

Carr has 1 playoff appearance his entire career and now he's a 32 year old QB that's seen his best days. I wish him well but please don't come to Carolina.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, The Crown and the Claw said:

While I guess things could change I have gotten zero sense that the Panthers are planning on seriously pursuing Carr or any other high priced vet QB. If anything they might kick the tires and do some due diligence but that’s the extent  

The plan since Reich’s hiring and all the staff brought in since have been about drafting and developing their own franchise quarterback. I don’t know where others are “hearing” things but at this point it’s much more likely to trade up in the draft than sign or trade for a current signal caller. 

This is music to my ears!

• Pie 3

3 hours ago, Vox said:

I know Carr is better then the likes of Mayfield and Darnold but I find it really hard to believe the coaching staff and F.O. are gonna go after a veteran QB again when that's what got Reich fired in Indy and is the same thing we've been dealing with. Just seems like it would be a tough sell to the fanbase especially considering Carr isn't gonna come cheap.

It’s believe it’s more due to a fear of not getting one in April.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, top dawg said:

Well some younger vet QBs could still stand development, and some obviously made some jumps the last couple of years. 

I know that many of you just don't believe in Matt Corral, but I'd say that he will be on their things-to-do-list as well as anyone.

He could benefit to.. I actually I hope he does because that could be a major trade piece for us if he does.. But that can’t be your plan.. You can’t go into the season with Matt Corral as your main option to be a starter????Especially when you are in range to get better more physically talented Prospects..This FO and staff wouldn’t last the year.. He was a 3rd round pick for a reason..

Saying a player won't be good because they were taken in the third makes as much sense as Rhule saying Darnold, Bridgewater, Mayfield, Erving, Elflein would be good because they were first rounders.

Arguably the best player in team history was selected in the 3rd

Edited by csx
  • Pie 3

14 hours ago, frankw said:

Weird that if we "like Carr" we've made zero known effort to reach out as of yet. Have to think that Reich already has the foundation of a plan for the position in place and gave a glimpse of that when he pitched himself to management. If that involves Carr you can't maintain radio silence for much longer.

Very true.    And besides, it's looking more and more like he may be Jets-bound :

11 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

So....Aaron Rodgers to the Panthers, then?

9 hours ago, csx said:

Saying a player won't be good because they were taken in the third makes as much sense as Rhule saying Darnold, Bridgewater, Mayfield, Erving, Elflein would be good because they were first rounders.

Arguably the best player in team history was selected in the 3rd

But again that’s wasn’t a planned event.. They didn’t stop bringing in WR’s and just knew Smitty was it.. Actually his 1st season was mainly using him as a Punt and Kick returner.. He outplayed other players brought in.. The Ssme Corral has to do.. It’s completely clueless thinking just giving a 3rd round pick a job after proven nothing…

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

If there is no urgency they are ok with drafting one.  I mean his offensive staff is setup to develop a young QB vs signing a vet.

Yeah I know Carr is "taking his time", but I see zero reason why we would consider signing him before the draft. Same with Jets or Saints, they could take a qb in round 1 as well and lose interest in him