• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carr Watch

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Who is calling them names or attacking them personally? Settle down lol.

Well generally speaking, I'd say questioning the validity of someone's statements based not on their accuracy but on whether they agree with your opinion is a sign someone isn't terribly bright.

But hey, that's just me 😆

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, that doesn't even make any sense.

I get why you want people to think you're right, but you're not. And I'm afraid you're supposed acknowledge of human nature doesn't, and never will, trump reports from actual sources.

However, since it also sounds like you're on the verge of going off on another emotionally unhinged rant, I'll just leave it here.

Sure.

🤣

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well generally speaking, I'd say questioning the validity of someone's statements based not on their accuracy but on whether they agree with your opinion is a sign someone isn't terribly bright.

Oh, the irony

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

That's a big stretch. People lie about having inside information here and all over Twitter it's very common. Doesn't make them stupid just makes them trolls.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

And play again for the same coach he initially played for in Las Vegas.

(or Is that too rational to consider?)

Of course, it makes sense. It also makes sense that if the Panthers were really interested they would have made a trade offer, or alternatively brought him to town if they were serious.

1 minute ago, Krovvy said:

Of course, it makes sense. It also makes sense that if the Panthers were really interested they would have made a trade offer, or alternatively brought him to town if they were serious.

The Jets were also highly interested but didn't make a trade offer.

The reason they didn't is because they knew the Raiders would have to release him to avoid guaranteeing his contract.

Again, is that too rational?

Edited by Mr. Scot

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

The Jets were also highly interested but didn't make a trade offer.

The reason they didn't is because they knew the Raiders would have to release him to avoid guaranteeing his contract.

Again, is that too rational?

The Jets were fence sitting because of Rodgers. They said as much. We were reportedly not interested at all with Rodgers.

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

That's a big stretch. People lie about having inside information here and all over Twitter it's very common. Doesn't make them stupid just makes them trolls.

People who lie about having inside information don't tend to be able to predict things correctly. This one has yet to be wrong about anything.

The first one who came along was wrong about one thing but they admitted that was their own speculation and it was understandable.

Most of us were smart enough not to be asses about it, but you do you...

15 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

No, no, I get it now. The Panthers wanted Carr so much, that they lost out to a team with major holes, that's cap strapped, and doesn't have much in the way of draft capital. They also didn't throw a trade offer before free agency as well. Definitely Plan A, definitely.

Carr wanted, and got, more than the Panthers were willing to pay. It always happens in FA. Nothing new. 

37 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

Okay, so he was 'right' because he didn't say anything and read tea leaves from actual reporters.

I mean he said expect big news soon right?  We were either signing Carr this week or moving on.  I think it's going to be difficult to leak hard facts from our current staff because it's really a brain trust of our HC, GM, and their staffs like it should be.  

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

People who lie about having inside information don't tend to be able to predict things correctly. This one has yet to be wrong about anything.

The first one who came along was wrong about one thing but they admitted that was their own speculation and it was understandable.

Most of us were smart enough not to be asses about it, but you do you...

Saying he was wrong is not being an ass it's stating the situation. If you can't handle that it's on you. Maybe he'll come back and be right from here on who knows. You're taking it personally like you know who they are. Peculiar. And you've been an ass about things here before like anyone else that's always been how the huddle operates.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I mean he said expect big news soon right?  We were either signing Carr this week or moving on.  I think it's going to be difficult to leak hard facts from our current staff because it's really a brain trust of our HC, GM, and their staffs like it should be.  

He said that Carr was plan A in another post. If they walked it a bit back after, I didn't read that post.