• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carr Watch

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Saying he was wrong is not being an ass it's stating the situation. 

It is when they weren't.

Just now, Krovvy said:

He said that Carr was plan A in another post. If they walked it a bit back after, I didn't read that post.

That's not what they meant.

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I mean he said expect big news soon right?  We were either signing Carr this week or moving on.  I think it's going to be difficult to leak hard facts from our current staff because it's really a brain trust of our HC, GM, and their staffs like it should be.  

Correct, and reasonable, which unfortunately seems to not be the norm on here.

Gee, I wonder why Insiders run off 🙄

1 minute ago, Krovvy said:

Plan A money, but from the Saints.

And that's fine. Our plan A money could have been 140m with only 50 guaranteed. It all depends on how you build around plan A. If it was Andy Reid signing him, I'd be worried. But it's Dennis Allen which brings him down in play level, IMO. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

It is when they weren't.

That's not what they meant.

Alright, so the big insider @Leaky_Faucet predicted we would kick the tires then. The Plan A comment wasn't really what they intended it to mean. The Panthers weren't as interested as other teams, and only 'kicked the tires' as widely reported by pretty much everyone.

Who is @Leaky_Faucet's main account then? Because no one here would care about these half-hearted predictions if they weren't somebody that's in the clique.

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

And that's fine. Our plan A money could have been 140m with only 50 guaranteed. It all depends on how you build around plan A. If it was Andy Reid signing him, I'd be worried. But it's Dennis Allen which brings him down in play level, IMO. 

I mean, I agree, he's not worth it. Though letting your division rival acquire your Plan A at quarterback, in a wide open division, after years of not being competitive because of deficiency at the position? It doesn't seem like a market contract would be the hold up if the Panthers truly coveted Carr.

Alright, so the big insider @Leaky_Faucet predicted we would kick the tires then. The Plan A comment wasn't really what they intended it to mean. The Panthers weren't as interested as other teams, and only 'kicked the tires' as widely reported by pretty much everyone.

Who is @Leaky_Faucet's main account then? Because no one here would care about these half-hearted predictions if they weren't somebody that's in the clique.

Oy 🙄

Here's hoping they get that not everyone here acts like this.

I mean, I agree, he's not worth it. Though letting your division rival acquire your Plan A at quarterback, in a wide open division, after years of not being competitive because of deficiency at the position? It doesn't seem like a market contract would be the hold up if the Panthers truly coveted Carr.

We can covet Carr and still not be up to that level of contract. I think the Saints overpaid. That typically happens early. I'd be more concerned how they're going to build around him with where that leaves them with cap space, I know it's imaginary, and draft picks. I suspect if they hit on their picks well, they'll be laughing all the way to the NFCS title for several years. If not, that'll be a different story. 

3 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

Who cares?  If you think he is full of it why are you wasting so much of your time on him?  If you think it's just an alt trolling just ignore it.  He hasn't really said anything too crazy for it to be a troll IMO, just mainly listing out a timeline and our possible next moves.  Crown (the other leaker) actually threw out some staff names before the hires.  If either of them are legit I'd like to keep them around.

Just now, SmokinwithWilly said:

We can covet Carr and still not be up to that level of contract. I think the Saints overpaid. That typically happens early. I'd be more concerned how they're going to build around him with where that leaves them with cap space, I know it's imaginary, and draft picks. I suspect if they hit on their picks well, they'll be laughing all the way to the NFCS title for several years. If not, that'll be a different story. 

As much as I didn't want Carr. I wouldn't go as far as saying it's an overpay. The market is what it is, and quarterbacks are seemingly getting rarer with the big names retiring. If you believe in one, you pay them. Especially with the ever expanding cap, which can be manipulated.

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Who cares?  If you think he is full of it why are you wasting so much of your time on him?  If you think it's just an alt trolling just ignore it.  He hasn't really said anything too crazy for it to be a troll IMO, just mainly listing out a timeline and our possible next moves.  Crown (the other leaker) actually threw out some staff names before the hires.  If either of them are legit I'd like to keep them around.

Because it's interesting. A lot of people claim to have sources and usually they get laughed at. A random no name account with hardly any posts and they're a soothsayer that's worth defending?

Just now, Krovvy said:

As much as I didn't want Carr. I wouldn't go as far as saying it's an overpay. The market is what it is, and quarterbacks are seemingly getting rarer with the big names retiring. If you believe in one, you pay them. Especially with the ever expanding cap, which can be manipulated.

I Carr could be good with a different coach. Dennis Allen brings him down a level IMO. Just like Rhule brought down everyone who played under him. He couldn't overcome his coaching once. I don't think he does it now. 

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

This is apparently too much to ask.

2 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

Because it's interesting. A lot of people claim to have sources and usually they get laughed at. A random no name account with hardly any posts and they're a soothsayer that's worth defending?

People get laughed at because they get things embarrassingly wrong.

This person hasn't been wrong at all, and they've provided plenty of good info that wasn't found anywhere else.

For the record, so did The Crown and the Claw.