• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SI Prediction: Colts look to trade Jonathan Taylor in 2023

Proudiddy

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Draft RBs or sign mid-level FAs. Let other teams pay the big money RBs. We have an embarrassment of riches at RB and off the ball LBs in our franchise history but spending too many premium resources on non-premium positions has been a significant contributor to our overall losing record.

I would have no issue at all going with pretty much the same triumvirate we had last year.

Staley made it pretty clear in his remarks that he wants a stable of backs, not one star back.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

No thanks. We already traded CMC, why would we replace him with another expensive RB?  Rather draft a RB in later rounds for depth and Chiefs have proven you can find good ones in later rounds (i.e. Pacheco) if you're good at scouting them.  

11 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Aaron Donald will be the big name traded that's a non QB.

Rams need to blow it up they need their picks back and that roster just isn't deep anymore to compete.

No team in their right mind would pay any sort of high draft picks for Donald.  Hes had one foot out the door for a few years now.  He very well may retire in the next year or so.

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, joemac said:

No team in their right mind would pay any sort of high draft picks for Donald.  Hes had one foot out the door for a few years now.  He very well may retire in the next year or so.

Agreed. If the Rams did try to trade Aaron Donald (assuming he doesn't have a no trade clause) I bet he would retire before he'd go to an undesired location. I "could" see him agreeing to go to a team like KC (who wouldn't want to play for those guys right now), Pittsburgh (he went to college there), or a team with a championship window still intact (Bengals, Bills, Philadelphia). He's made enough money to last for several lifetimes. He could probably retire now and leave the games with no regrets and walk Canton in 5 years.

• Pie 1

Rams just released Bobby Wagner as well.  They are going to be a damn dumpster fire next year.  Not saying I wish we would have traded Burns to them last year, but one of those picks very well could be the first overall pick in the draft next season.  They are likely going to be moving Ramsey as well.