• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking: Lamar Jackson is available as Raven's have placed the non-exclusive franchise tag on him.

thunderraiden

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

It wasn't a shot at Cam. He did everything he could. Hurney and Rivera were the majority of the reason we ended up where we did. Gman too. 

I'm sure if Newton had the chance he would definitely do some things differently. But most of us would give just about anything to have a QB that talented again.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

QB play holds most teams back. We were losers with Cam. 3 winning seasons in 9 years. Coaches and Hurney held this team back for a lot longer than Tepper has been owner. He put his faith in the wrong guy with Rhule. Hurney is the perfect example of how not to build a team around your franchise QB. Hopefully he has learned and the braintrust in our coach's room and FO can put together getting us a franchise QB and still be able to build around him. 

Hurney definitely deserves some blame. But like I said this team has had talent for years. It always comes down to the QB. The most important position in football. Since Tepper took over we have been playing musical chairs with average QB's.

We have to draft and develop our own QB and stop trying to fix other teams QB.

Ok, so I am on record that I do not want Lamar due to the compensation needed to acquire him and the huge contract he seems to want. I'm not sure if it's been mentioned in the past few days, but Lamar has been on a downward trend the past few years ever since his MVP season and I saw someone compare Jackson's passing stats to Daniel Jones' the past two seasons somewhere on the internetverse so I did some digging of my own and I was incredibly surprised.

These are the PASSING stats of the two QBs the past two years combined. Take a guess at who is who:

image.thumb.png.44008f9774376620fa433ce4dd7b78c1.png

Spoiler: Jones is on top, Jackson is on bottom. 

The Passing numbers are surprisingly very very similar. Jackson has 8 More TDs but Jones has 6 fewer Turnovers. Almost every other difference in their statistics is negligible.

Of Course you'd be able to tell who was who between Jones and Jackson based on rushing stats, Jackson is the superior runner, even though Jones is no slouch himself and deceptively athletic. Lamar has about 500 more yards the past two seasons (1531 to Jones' 1006) but Jones has More TDs (9 compared to 5). Jackson's running ability is S tier, but Jones' is honestly A tier. But passing wise-they have been nearly identical the past two seasons.

Combine the above Passing stats along with the fact Lamar has been injured the past two seasons, and I don't think Lamar's running ability makes up for the difference in the market value people perceive for him. 

So if you want to trade for Lamar Jackson right now, you'd be getting a better running version of Daniel Jones while giving up 2 first round picks to make the trade, and then immediately shelling out MORE money than Daniel Jones just got...

No. Thank. You.

• Beer 1

People are unhealthily obsessed with the NOW. Desperation clouds minds. 
 Nothing wrong with fixing a QB if you can do it. But they have bad experiences that just push it all deeper and make it harder to rid them of the bad. They go high to bad teams and that is a recipe for snafu. Like my rescue cat (inherited) some things are in so deep they will never change , that seems to be a problem with these recycled QBs though some of it is they just failed because they weren’t good enough in the first place and were overdrafted by bad desperate teams. Hmm. Wonder why I don’t want to trade up at this price? 

I say find one you can fix that hasn’t been NFL a programmed by someone else. Find ten you can fix. Seriously, put a bunch on the practice squad and start training them. If we get raided we have more. Competition mixed with a great opportunity brings it out of some people and you will see who to focus on. Keep the best and shuffle out the rest.
Only you really know how they are doing so poaching is a crap shoot. 

Okay one reason people will shoot this type of plan down is that it doesn’t get us a Super Bowl this year. Or next year. Apparently they hate that. Probably a lot of other reasons that wouldn’t work, and a lot of people here are just waiting to tell people why they are dumbasses, so come on. 
I’d just like to long term solid develop something that lasts. To me that is more valuable than immediate gratification and what might follow that without solid foundation. The Rams are a great example. They got their year in the sun, now it is time to feel the pain for a while. Meh…. Rather have years of good where the chance to compete for that SB is consistently realistic.