• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Koochie back in Raleigh

4 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Hopefully it’s just precautionary because I’d like to see him get back to Chicago and help the Wolves make the playoffs.

What goalie does he play tomorrow or Saturday? Because he’s going to pick a fight with one of them. 

• Pie 2

18 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Hopefully it’s just precautionary because I’d like to see him get back to Chicago and help the Wolves make the playoffs.

Being from the Charlotte area I hated it when they swapped affiliates from the Charlotte Checkers to Chicago.

• Flames 1

28 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

Being from the Charlotte area I hated it when they swapped affiliates from the Charlotte Checkers to Chicago.

Still think that was a horrible move in regards to growing the fanbase and the brand but it is what it is I guess. If I’m not mistaken, Carolina didn’t feel like they were getting enough monetary support to from Charlotte to keep the team competitive long term.

• Beer 2

Yeah, not sure I'm nearly as confident in him as I once was.

He started wearing his emotions on his sleeve while he was in Raleigh and I think it's gone too far. Yes, he scored a goalie goal, but that celly was a little over the top and he ultimately got tossed when the opposition took offense. Then, he gets tossed again while giving up 5 goals. 

Not a good look when his performance has not been good enough to warrant the other poo he's pulling.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

He started wearing his emotions on his sleeve while he was in Raleigh and I think it's gone too far. Yes, he scored a goalie goal, but that celly was a little over the top and he ultimately got tossed when the opposition took offense. Then, he gets tossed again while giving up 5 goals. 

I'm don't think you can take that kind of passion away from a player. 

Smitty and Jake had it as Panthers. Smitty rode his passion to a golden jacket (eventually) while Jake rode his into the heart of every Panther fan under the age of 30. There are always gonna be ups and downs. Smith had his fair share of ejections and personal fouls and everyone remembers the meltdowns that Jake got himself into.

The good thing about players that run on pure emotion is that they tend to be at their best when emotions are highest, ie the playoffs...

Not a good look when his performance has not been good enough to warrant the other poo he's pulling

This is what it ultimately comes down to. If King Kucci plays up to his potential, nobody but the other team will have a problem with the antics that come with his game. And the fans will love him all the more for it.

4 hours ago, Stumpy said:

I'm don't think you can take that kind of passion away from a player. 

Smitty and Jake had it as Panthers. Smitty rode his passion to a golden jacket (eventually) while Jake rode his into the heart of every Panther fan under the age of 30. There are always gonna be ups and downs. Smith had his fair share of ejections and personal fouls and everyone remembers the meltdowns that Jake got himself into.

The good thing about players that run on pure emotion is that they tend to be at their best when emotions are highest, ie the playoffs...

This is what it ultimately comes down to. If King Kucci plays up to his potential, nobody but the other team will have a problem with the antics that come with his game. And the fans will love him all the more for it.

I understand what you’re saying, emotions can make play better.  Kuchi is young and celebrating a little too much after he got is goal was funny and understandable.

A cheap trip as a poor loser however,  like that in the link I provided, isn’t going to make fans or Rod happy. Emotions have to be controlled sometimes and Rod won’t tolerate displays like that.

• Beer 1