• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Free Agent Updates

Mr. Scot

9 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Never said it was a fact. My man you trying to put words in my mouth. I only said he wants to get paid the most money he can get. Nothing more nothing less.

"Whoever pays Hopkins the most money will get him if he ends up getting cut"

That was your direct quote, I didn't change a word there, and that was directly after you said that football players are about money at the end of the day and have to look out for their families.

So, sure... me saying "he's going to the highest bidder" is putting words in your mouth, as you didn't use those explicitly exact words, but that's literally the definition of semantics seeing as you literally said, "whoever pays him the most money will get him."

When in reality, if you've paid any attention to the Hopkins situation over the last couple of months, it's been widely known and reported that he's openly said he isn't trying to re-set any WR market and is willing to take a pay cut to go to a contender.  That's not to say he won't end up taking the most money offered to him, but you came in hot with a pretty definitive statement that he was signing due to money, despite him saying the opposite himself.

It's been a theme of yours on here a lot lately and we've butted heads quite a few times, which is fair when people have differing opinions.  But as Mr Scot told you a week or so ago, sometimes it's just better to sit back and listen than spout off when you aren't informed and knowledgable about the topic at hand.

Edited by tukafan21

1 hour ago, tukafan21 said:

"Whoever pays Hopkins the most money will get him if he ends up getting cut"

That was your direct quote, I didn't change a word there, and that was directly after you said that football players are about money at the end of the day and have to look out for their families.

So, sure... me saying "he's going to the highest bidder" is putting words in your mouth, as you didn't use those explicitly exact words, but that's literally the definition of semantics seeing as you literally said, "whoever pays him the most money will get him."

When in reality, if you've paid any attention to the Hopkins situation over the last couple of months, it's been widely known and reported that he's openly said he isn't trying to re-set any WR market and is willing to take a pay cut to go to a contender.  That's not to say he won't end up taking the most money offered to him, but you came in hot with a pretty definitive statement that he was signing due to money, despite him saying the opposite himself.

It's been a theme of yours on here a lot lately and we've butted heads quite a few times, which is fair when people have differing opinions.  But as Mr Scot told you a week or so ago, sometimes it's just better to sit back and listen than spout off when you aren't informed and knowledgable about the topic at hand.

I had Mr Scot blocked for 2 weeks now. I haven't had any conversation with him since the Lamar fallout. If he's still replying to me then that is truly sad.

Sorry if we disagree. I think Hopkins is looking for the most money he can get. It's okay if you think otherwise. Neither of us know in reality.

• Flames 1

51 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I had Mr Scot blocked for 2 weeks now. I haven't had any conversation with him since the Lamar fallout. If he's still replying to me then that is truly sad.

Sorry if we disagree. I think Hopkins is looking for the most money he can get. It's okay if you think otherwise. Neither of us know in reality.

My dude, in what world can you say "neither of us know in reality" when Hopkins himself has come out and said he's not looking for a huge contract and is willing to work with a team to get his cap number down?

I'm not just making my own predictions here, I'm using his own words

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

My dude, in what world can you say "neither of us know in reality" when Hopkins himself has come out and said he's not looking for a huge contract and is willing to work with a team to get his cap number down?

I'm not just making my own predictions here, I'm using his own words

Okay you're right. Im done.