• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has Fitterer ever talked about CJ?

Ivory Panther

25 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

Yea I can see that. And I think that’s exactly what he did. He is far more comfortable with the idea than most would. 

Yep, that's my concern, the difference is Russ is a tad taller, but a significantly stockier build to his frame, which is my concern with Young, not his height.

8 minutes ago, Moorgan said:

I’m a Stroud guy (I think) but I like the mentals of Young better. But the physicals of CJ. I wish they were one dude lol.

When I heard that Reich had been a preacher for a bit after playing football that got me thinking about Rhule and just ugh. Then I heard CJ going out of his way to talk about God and then Reich talking about how the 2 of them talked about faith etc.

all of that is completely harmless and perfectly normal…or it’s not. I don’t know. But then I hear Bryce talk and I’m thinking I’d rather have this guy…but he’s tiny and gonna get killed.

I just hope that the decision is made for the right reasons and not for anything outside of football. Neither are bad guys off the field so that’sa non issue.

Maybe I’m going crazy. Idk

This was well said. It’s a tough decision for certain.

for me, QB is primarily mental. When I see who I consider top QBs of all time or even currently, what set them aside, is the mental aspect of the game. 
They are usually not the fastest, the strongest, the tallest. The come in all shape & size but the common denominator is always mental processing & ability to rise to the moment most of the time. 
i think bryce has that! 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

Yep, that's my concern, the difference is Russ is a tad taller, but a significantly stockier build to his frame, which is my concern with Young, not his height.

I hear that. I’m not concerned abt height at all as he throws pretty well in the middle of the field. 
weight is concerning, but that’s the one physical thing he can fix with time. 

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

This is what I think too

Honestly if u listen to FITT, u can clearly see Whr his mind is.

i think there are discussions from McCown (strong) & Reich (lesser) to take a hard look at CJ.

when u hear FITT say things like “He held court”, he means Bryce has to do something crazy not to be the pick in his & Tepper eyes. 

1 minute ago, Ivory Panther said:

I hear that. I’m not concerned abt height at all as he throws pretty well in the middle of the field. 
weight is concerning, but that’s the one physical thing he can fix with time. 

No it's not, he can add weight, but he can only add so much because he just has a very slim frame to him.  You put too much weight onto that frame and it will affect other aspects of his game.

You can coach up Stroud's mental side of the game, which is where Young is elite.  And as I've said numerous times, we're not talking about a dummy back there who can't read defenses and has a poor mental side to their game (I see you Zach Wilson, Sam Darnold, Kyler Murray, etc).  Stroud is already very good at that, just not quite to the same level as Young.

I think that can be coached up with the right coaches more easily than you can get Young to bulk up enough to protect him from injury.

1 minute ago, frankw said:

If the QB coach and the head coach have to change the mind of the GM and the owner we're quite possibly doomed regardless. Fitterer is and will always be one of the folks who signed off on the Darnold trade.

GMs pick players & coaches coach them. That’s the way it is in most organizations from NFL, to NBA etc…

1 minute ago, Ivory Panther said:

GMs pick players & coaches coach them. That’s the way it is in most organizations from NFL, to NBA etc…

The NBA has an owner who gets too hands on with draft picks too. His name is Michael Jordan.

Edited by frankw

3 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

No it's not, he can add weight, but he can only add so much because he just has a very slim frame to him.  You put too much weight onto that frame and it will affect other aspects of his game.

You can coach up Stroud's mental side of the game, which is where Young is elite.  And as I've said numerous times, we're not talking about a dummy back there who can't read defenses and has a poor mental side to their game (I see you Zach Wilson, Sam Darnold, Kyler Murray, etc).  Stroud is already very good at that, just not quite to the same level as Young.

I think that can be coached up with the right coaches more easily than you can get Young to bulk up enough to protect him from injury.

I somewhat disagree…he can easily add 20 pound of mostly muscle to this frame. Nobody is saying to add 100 pounds.

also, CJ can be coached but I don’t think to the degree of Bryce. It’s all fascinating stuff for sure & I can’t wait to follow both careers. 

2 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

I somewhat disagree…he can easily add 20 pound of mostly muscle to this frame. Nobody is saying to add 100 pounds.

also, CJ can be coached but I don’t think to the degree of Bryce. It’s all fascinating stuff for sure & I can’t wait to follow both careers. 

Young should be able to sit at 205-210lbs comfortably eventually 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, frankw said:

Bryce Young can add 20 pounds of sheer muscle but CJ can't be near as smart of a QB as Bryce lol.

Goddamn ya'll dickriding.

U just complained on another thread abt name calling but here u are…

as I keep saying, u r triggered like u r on ur period my man. Relax already! Lmao

• Poo 1