• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson Pro Day

OldhamA

Just now, Jaxel said:

My take away from this pro day is he has huge upside, huge arm, but man he was super lackluster in this drop backs and movements during the throws. I would expect some one fighting to be number 1 to locked in the whole way. A bit dissapointing in that regard. With that being said, I like him a lot,  I think we could definitely develop him, the question is, do want to lose 2 years a la Justin Fields and the Bears.

What specifically?

1 minute ago, Jaxel said:

My take away from this pro day is he has huge upside, huge arm, but man he was super lackluster in this drop backs and movements during the throws. I would expect some one fighting to be number 1 to locked in the whole way. A bit dissapointing in that regard. With that being said, I like him a lot,  I think we could definitely develop him, the question is, do want to lose 2 years a la Justin Fields and the Bears.

Why do people think AR will take 2 years to develop?

He's day 1 starter if we pick him #1. Also Fields had a bad roster around him. Our roster is a playoff caliber roster. Big difference.

1 minute ago, Krovvy said:

What specifically?

Slow and lackluster getting into his drops, he kind of falls onto his back foot on his passes, especially the medium ones, pretty off balanced. That will lead to the accuracy problems you see on some of his throws on tape. But again, he's a young guy, still a project, and all correctable. But if you are comparing, watch closely Stroud and then his and you'll see what I mean.

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Why do people think AR will take 2 years to develop?

He's day 1 starter if we pick him #1. Also Fields had a bad roster around him. Our roster is a playoff caliber roster. Big difference.

He will certainly not start Day 1. Expect bye week or later if we pick him at number 1.

Just now, Jaxel said:

Slow and lackluster getting into his drops, he kind of falls onto his back foot on his passes, especially the medium ones, pretty off balanced. That will lead to the accuracy problems you see on some of his throws on tape. But again, he's a young guy, still a project, and all correctable. But if you are comparing, watch closely Stroud and then his and you'll see what I mean.

Yeah, I'm not buying it. He looks great in the pocket and those drop backs look fine to me. He's a long strider and has very fluid movement in the video. In games he can become flat footed, but so can Stroud. Stroud also has a weird tendency to drop back too far then hitch, but sometimes ends up flat footed himself while he stares down his first read for too long waiting for them to come open, leading to balls being overthrown.

2 minutes ago, Steelo Senpai said:

He doesn't even do this often enough for it to be a point of emphasis lmao

Why does every comment about AR come back to point out some over inflated problem with CJ?

Out of all the quarterbacks both Stroud and Levis are the first read guys. It doesn't happen a lot since his receivers get wide open so often and he has elite protection around him. When pressured it happened quite often.

Edited by Krovvy

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

I'm pretty sure it was reported Tepper is letting Fitt and Reich decide.  I think he isn't in on the final decision, which is the way it should be.

It was.

2 hours ago, Krovvy said:

Josh Rosen.

Rosen had other issues.

Stroud and Young are way better quarterbacks than Richardson or Levis right now. And it's not guaranteed either will catch up.

32 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

In my mind, it's Stroud or AR.  People hating on AR, and I've seen people insult him for his inaccuracy when the Josh Allen comparisons have been made, which is hilarious because Josh Allen threw like poo against weak ass competition...  AR had his issues playing as a first year starter on a not-what-it-used-to-be  Florida squad talent-wise, in a pro-style offense against the toughest opponents in the country, and if you nitpick his games against their lesser opponents, he still had all the other issues to deal with I already mentioned.  He has beautiful mechanics, ridiculous athleticism, and as many analysts have revealed in studying his tape, he made big strides in his processing and ability to read defenses as the year went on...  if we took him, the sky is the limit with our staff.  His weaknesses can be refined, his strengths can't be taught or learned.  That's a tough combination to beat.

His risk/reward to me makes him a better prospect than Young in my mind.

If this coaching staff could harness that and direct that arm, build offenses around who he is you've got a guy with a very similar skill set to our former MVP and 4.4 weapon.

Power, speed, huge arm.

To me it's between AR and Levis as the true #2 QB not the trap QB. 

The crystal ball for what actually happens with these guys will be very interesting. I think AR may actually suffer like Cam did in the wrong situation.

I actually think his career would be safer in Carolina for a number of reasons but a trade back would be in order because although I had AR as the third best prospect coming in, seeing his abilities outside of the game in this setting shows you the HUGE potential he has and puts him for me as a tossup this draft for #2QB.

14 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

Yeah, I'm not buying it. He looks great in the pocket and those drop backs look fine to me. He's a long strider and has very fluid movement in the video. In games he can become flat footed, but so can Stroud. Stroud also has a weird tendency to drop back too far then hitch, but sometimes ends up flat footed himself while he stares down his first read for too long waiting for them to come open, leading to balls being overthrown.

I mean, don't take it from me. Here is JT O'Sullivans QB School talking about it and his inconsistencies that result in inaccuracy. I get it, twitter shows a bunch a good throws, but there are a bunch of bad ones that comes with. That's why he's sitting around 55%

Again, I like Richardson, would be happy if he's the pick. At the same time, he's not someone you pick if you want to win today.

Just now, Krovvy said:

Out of all the quarterbacks both Stroud and Levis are the first read guys. It doesn't happen a lot since his receivers get wide open so often and he has elite protection around him. When pressured it happened quite often.

He has a higher rate of first read throws.. because they are open, Yes.  Does he ONLY look for his first read.. no. This myth has been debunked already lol.  His protection was less than elite this season as well..  It's totally alright to prop up or even defend other prospects without dragging down another lol