• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cynthia Frelund with an interesting analytics look at CJ Stroud and Bryce Young

TheSpecialJuan

7 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I'm at the point of taking the approach of, If I'm the opposing DC, who would I rather game plan against? I'd rather play against Bryce and force him to stay in the pocket, or send an extra guy so those 8 yard 3 second long drops won't work. CJ can carve you up from the pocket without needing a 5 step dropback to see whats going on/not get the ball tipped

That’s a good framing. CJ’s ball placement could end up being Brees level frustrating to compete against. 

Basically with me, my concern over the last year was them both being on dominating teams.

A deep dive if the film resulted in reinforcing that concern with Bryce, while calming that concern with CJ. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

14 hours ago, Eric4280 said:

First paragraph- see “Garrett Wilson with Zach Wilson and Mike White”

See-“ Chris Olave with Jameis Winston and Andy Dalton.”

Yeah I’m willing to overlook the knitpicking things BECAUSE ALREADY DONE IT! I get it for the 489391th time, he’s small, he’s got flaws in that regard. He’s also won a heisman at this size. He’s also got probably the best football mind in the last 10 years. He’s been hit and don’t use that lazy garbage “oh it’s not nfl size players” SEC produces more nfl players than any other conference obviously. He’s taken hits. He’s gotten up. I won’t pretend he’s immune to injury but I’m not gonna pretend the things he does do, isn’t special. Pocket awareness, ability to move a defense with his eyes, hits all kinds of arm angles on throws. And once again I am NOT a Bama fan, just a watcher of college ball. 

I genuinely have zero care in ANYONES pro day or combine. What so he could weigh in light and ya bash him and if he weighs in heavy it’s “water weight” or “there goes his mobility” garbage. He has nothing to gain from the underwear Olympics. He’s done it on the field. Where the games played. Not in undies.

Quit talking like he had a hard schedule cause he in the SEC.  Also Bama has plenty of talent.

Screenshot_20230402_085828_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1ec52ec8cc08eb0fdfcbff50847fc6ad.jpg

6 hours ago, jfra78 said:

Quit talking like he had a hard schedule cause he in the SEC.  Also Bama has plenty of talent.

Screenshot_20230402_085828_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1ec52ec8cc08eb0fdfcbff50847fc6ad.jpg

Oh yeah? Which WR or OL from that team would you like to add to ours? Maybe next year we can have Bama play in the nfc east, will that be hard enough?

45 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

Oh yeah? Which WR or OL from that team would you like to add to ours? Maybe next year we can have Bama play in the nfc east, will that be hard enough?

I think it is very fair to say their schedule was not that impressive last year. It is also fair to say Alabama wasn’t as loaded on the offense as usual (although it is packed with 4 and 5 star talent).

56 minutes ago, Martin said:

I think it is very fair to say their schedule was not that impressive last year. It is also fair to say Alabama wasn’t as loaded on the offense as usual (although it is packed with 4 and 5 star talent).

I’m asking honestly. Which OL or WR do you want to see us draft from Bama? I’d personally love Jaxson, Egbuka next year, people are talking about trading up like 2 years worth of firsts for MHJR. Parris Johnson probably goes first in tackles. Dawand round one or two, Wypler 2nd or 3rd center taken. Which Bama player comes near any of that? Which are we targeting?