• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pauline believes it's Stroud, but Reich wants AR

top dawg

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I know a lot of people are making this argument but it's just a weird argument to make when I saw Tua getting ragdolled and brain damaged this year with my own two eyes.

Valid point.
here is what I don’t understand however.

Tua is bigger than CJ (weight wise), so why is it that ppl who are concerned abt Tua’s injuries don’t seem concerned abt CJ’s injury risk? 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

Valid point.
here is what I don’t understand however.

Tua is bigger than CJ (weight wise), so why is it that ppl who are concerned abt Tua’s injuries don’t seem concerned abt CJ’s injury risk? 

Because people are more concerned about Young because he's considerably smaller still than Stroud. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I know a lot of people are making this argument but it's just a weird argument to make when I saw Tua getting ragdolled and brain damaged this year with my own two eyes.

Not trying to be funny, but I find it weird when people compare one QB to another QB in general, especially before they even play their first down in the league. No two people are equal. They just aren't. The closest thing you'll find to equal are twins, and twins aren't even equal. Just because Tua is prone to concussions or gets ragdolled doesn't automatically mean that Young is prone to concussions and will get ragdolled.

Tua came into the league with an injury history. Young will not. Splitting hairs, Young's injury history is better than Stroud's.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Because people are more concerned about Young because he's considerably smaller still than Stroud. 

I get the “more” concern argument. But if ur solution is a guy smaller than Tua, it doesn’t make sense…

that’s why that argument feels bogus to me when it comes to CJ vs Bryce. 

They are both small anyway, if u compare them to Tua.

So if size is a real concerned which should prevent a pick, AR & Levis should be the only consideration logically. 

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Not trying to be funny, but I find it weird when people compare one QB to another QB in general, especially before they even play their first down in the league. No two people are equal. They just aren't. The closest thing you'll find to equal are twins, and twins aren't even equal. Just because Tua is prone to concussions or gets ragdolled doesn't automatically mean that Young is prone to concussions and will get ragdolled.

Tua came into the league with an injury history. Young will not. Splitting hairs, Young's injury history is better than Stroud's.

Measuring tape and scales don't lie. Well, unless you spend weeks porking out at Golden Corral to step on a scale while hiding all week under a hoodie then slim back down for your Pro Day to actually do drills while declining to get back in the scale.

We're strictly talking about size here.

We're talking about a guy who is built like a slot receiver taking these types of shots.

kansas-city-chiefs-royals_jun.gif

What saves receivers is that they're typically taking these hits from DBs. The guy's typically hitting QBs are 50+ pounds heavier than those DBs.

It's a huge concern. That's all I'm saying. Anyone who acts like it isn't is just in denial.

2 minutes ago, travisura said:

Screenshot 2023-04-07 091859.png

Screenshot 2023-04-07 091835.png

I think there are several things to consider.  Stroud shouldn't have an issue adding weight to his frame and he clearly needs to.  The next thing would be playing style.  Stroud mimics his game after Brees with quick passes out of the pocket and limits the hits he takes.  Tua and Young tend to take extra hits running around extending plays.  That's just how I see it and I haven't heard any analysts show concern about Stroud's weight and frame.  

Stroud's issue is he always had elite talent around him and struggled under pressure most of the season (UGA game aside).  Both will need great OLs at the next level.  Stroud because he excels in the pocket and Young to limit the hits he takes.  The good news is we have a solid young OL already.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

I get the “more” concern argument. But if ur solution is a guy smaller than Tua, it doesn’t make sense…

that’s why that argument feels bogus to me when it comes to CJ vs Bryce. 

They are both small anyway, if u compare them to Tua.

So if size is a real concerned which should prevent a pick, AR & Levis should be the only consideration logically. 

The point isn't to directly compare him to Tua. We aren't deciding between Young and Tua. We're directly comparing Young and Stroud. Stroud is considerably larger.

6 minutes ago, travisura said:

Screenshot 2023-04-07 091859.png

Screenshot 2023-04-07 091835.png

Lol, we all saw CJ combine measurements & he was 214 pounds. He was also reportedly 213 pounds at his pro day. 

Tua was listed at 217 at his combine.

Not gonna use random Google screenshot when combine numbers are officially. Hell I can screenshot Bryce Young height listed at 6 feet, but we all know that’s not true…

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, Ivory Panther said:

Lol, we all saw CJ combine measurements & he was 214 pounds. He was also reportedly 213 pounds at his pro day. 

Not gonna use random Google screenshot when combine numbers are officially. Hell I can screenshot Bryce Young height listed at 6 feet, but we all know that’s not true…

You're squabbling over three pounds now? Ridiculous.

Edited by travisura

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The point isn't to directly compare him to Tua. We aren't deciding between Young and Tua. We're directly comparing Young and Stroud. Stroud is considerably larger.

Yes, until ppl start using Tua as a example of smaller QB in the NFL getting hurt as the reason why Bryce would.

3 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

Let's make it easy.  Show me where any analyst/scout/coach is concerned with Stroud's size.  Our own HC stated there was a concern with Young's.  Why do you think that is?  

• Pie 2

It's about projection. Stroud at 6'3" with a considerably larger frame could easily carry 225 pounds.  Young is 5'10" and slight framed. I honestly can't ever seen him playing much if at all over 200 pounds.

CMC guzzled water to weigh in slightly over 200 pounds at his combine. Remember watching him being ragdolled as a rookie before he put on weight? It was scary.