• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pauline believes it's Stroud, but Reich wants AR

top dawg

Well, might as well add to the chaos. There is some serious smoke screening going on. 

When asked if AR had a chance, Tony Pauline said:

“If it’s up to Frank Reich, yes,” he replied. “I think what’s gone on or, what I’ve been told, is that everybody in the room is really heavily leaning towards C.J. Stroud. C.J. Stroud did well at the combine, he did well at the pro day and I’m told that the interviews with C.J. Stroud—he’s knocked them out of the park. And he’s very genuine, he’s been very forthright and he’s a likable guy. I’m told that everybody in the building is heavily leaning—if not, checked off the box on C.J. Stroud.

“I’m told that Frank Reich, if he had his way, would go with Anthony Richardson because of the upside, because of what Anthony Richardson could be two or three years down the road. It’s just a matter of how much of a fight is Frank Reich gonna put up in that war room to say, ‘Hey, listen, I want Anthony Richardson.’ I think right now, there’s probably less than a 20-percent chance it’s Anthony Richardson and all signs are pointing towards C.J. Stroud.”

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/04/06/panthers-hc-frank-reich-favors-anthony-richardson-cj-stroud/

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, panfanman said:

I'm all aboard the AR train but not at #1.  I'm not even sure how a smoke screen works when you're holding the #1 pick unless you're more than casually interested in trading back.

I'm curious tho as someone supposedly on the AR train.

If he is what this organization deems to be the franchise, does it really matter where he is selected?

• Beer 1