• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Red Wings 7pm

Panthers Fan 69

13 hours ago, Harbingers said:

@Anybodyhome So about those playoff tickets… 

I still have zero regrets for not making that purchase.

Look, just because the Canes actually won a game they were supposed to (unlike the last 3), doesn't change the fact they are a .500 hockey team for the last 30 days. If they somehow manage to beat Florida, who really has nothing to prove- their spot is secure- they will face these same Panthers in round 1. I like the matchup and I think the Canes have a legit chance to get through the first round.

But, after that, all bets are off.

• Pie 2

19 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Look, just because the Canes actually won a game they were supposed to (unlike the last 3), doesn't change the fact they are a .500 hockey team for the last 30 days. If they somehow manage to beat Florida, who really has nothing to prove- their spot is secure- they will face these same Panthers in round 1. I like the matchup and I think the Canes have a legit chance to get through the first round.

I was more saying from the luck factor side of things. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

Florida can still avoid Boston in the first round, they have something to play for at home

• Pie 3

On 4/11/2023 at 9:01 PM, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Ned benched 

After stealing that game a week ago I am glad we got to him and he hit the pine.

I liked Ned a lot until he overvalued himself right out of the organization.  He should have been able to put Detroit on his back and carry them to the playoffs this year......

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

After stealing that game a week ago I am glad we got to him and he hit the pine.

I liked Ned a lot until he overvalued himself right out of the organization.  He should have been able to put Detroit on his back and carry them to the playoffs this year......

I was at the game and I never heard an announcement that Ned was pulled. Then, I read the stat line and nowhere does it mention he was pulled. As a matter of fact, he is credited with 24 saves on 27 shots on goal; Carolina was credited with 28 shots on goal- that 28th being the empty net goal by KK. Carolina had 5 shots on goal in the final period- Ned getting credit for 4 saves when he was in net.

So, Ned was not benched unless the other goalie came in after the empty net goal for the last 40 seconds of the game.

5 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

I was at the game and I never heard an announcement that Ned was pulled. Then, I read the stat line and nowhere does it mention he was pulled. As a matter of fact, he is credited with 24 saves on 27 shots on goal; Carolina was credited with 28 shots on goal- that 28th being the empty net goal by KK. Carolina had 5 shots on goal in the final period- Ned getting credit for 4 saves when he was in net.

So, Ned was not benched unless the other goalie came in after the empty net goal for the last 40 seconds of the game.

Ya no one else shows on the stat line. We’re they really empty net for 2:22 seconds? I didn’t think it was that long. Weird. 

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Ya no one else shows on the stat line. We’re they really empty net for 2:22 seconds? I didn’t think it was that long. Weird. 

I thought it was longer, to be honest. I remember looking at the clock when Ned skated off and I thought it was closer to 3 minutes, but I could be wrong.

• Pie 1