• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Film Breakdown Megathread

Ricky Spanish

5 minutes ago, Verge said:

Uhh good tape is usually a pretty good indicator lol

Hey, for whatever reason he doesn't believe in tape lol. Stats are life as he says. 

5 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Great video. Hey don't @me WATCH and LISTEN to this vid.

For every video like this, there's another 3 or 4 talking about how good Bryce is. I personally subscribe to QB school for breakdowns, he doesn't really have bias and hey, JT was actually an NFL QB. 

Bryce isn't without flaws but c'mon man lol

Edited by BlackPanther22

Just now, BlackPanther22 said:

Hey, for whatever reason he doesn't believe in tape lol. Stats are life as he says. 

For every video like this, there's another 3 or 4 talking about how good Bryce is. I personally subscribe to QB school for breakdowns, he doesn't really have bias and hey, JT was actually an NFL QB. 

Bryce isn't without flaws but man.

Tape says Bryce can't handle a three man rush.

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

Tape says Bryce can't handle a three man rush.

Well this isn't true at all but ight man you got it lol. No sense in continuing to go back and forth with you when your mind is made up on the kid. 

I hope if we pick him and he turns out to be really good that you still ain't on here acting like this lol

• Pie 1

vs. Texas
If I had to pick one game for somebody to watch and see what kind of player that they're getting with Bryce Young, it's this game. Texas brought pressure and knocked him down early and often. At one point the Bama offense had three consecutive three-and-outs! Bryce stayed calm though and made a variety of plays that directly led to his team getting the dub (one of which is queued up below). This is one of his top 3 games from the 2022 season and I'm willing to say that I don't believe that it's his best either. I've got two games where he wowed me on the tape even more than this game.

The game itself is also just an absolute blast to experience again.

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, BlackPanther22 said:

Well this isn't true at all but ight man you got it lol. No sense in continuing to go back and forth with you when your mind is made up on the kid. 

I hope if we pick him and he turns out to be really good that you still ain't on here acting like this lol

Well done though.

5 minutes ago, Verge said:

p3o0dB.jpg

And he called Justin Fields a bust. Pretty good track record so far. 

I'm a legacy Bears fan and yes, he has been borderline bust until he got my DJ. Watch JF now.

It won't be a garbage take until after this season.

Now Zach Wilson, I can't help him there, he wasn't alone on that one though.

Edited by rippadonn

vs. Louisiana-Monroe
Remember how much fun it was watching Bryce operate vs. Texas? Get ready to be frustrated as he plays what I considered his worst game of the season vs. Louisiana-Monroe. There was more than one play where QB & WR were not on the same page together and his accuracy seemed to be suffering as well. It didn't help that the LA-Monroe defense was constantly pressuring Young as well despite all of the helmet scouting some of his naysayers have done there. The play that I've got lined up for this game will likely make some fans of other prospects go cross-eyed with rage, but it's only fair that we highlight the bad as well as the good. This interception seems to be everything that Young gets criticized for: holding on to the ball too long, arm strength concerns, and I'm sure there's a way to factor his size into it somehow. Want to see what he looks like when he's off? This is the game to push through.

For all the valid concern over how CJ Stroud has played against Michigan that game against Louisiana Monroe for Bryce Young is the same. That's a low level 4-8 team. Yeah they clocked them by 50 points but they've got Nick Saban and plenty of talent on their end that's what they're supposed to do. Flawed games like that are why we are in the position to draft Young Stroud Richardson or Levis at 1. If BY were flawless Chicago stays put and we hope someone falls. All you can do is hope for the best though because Bryce looks like he's the pick and his intelligence and leadership will hopefully be keys to his development.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

vs. Vanderbilt
When I mentioned that I felt that there were two games that Bryce Young had put out better tape than he did during the Texas game, one of those games that I had in mind was the one against Vanderbilt. After watching the rust get knocked off in game one against Utah State and the disappointment of game three against Louisiana-Monroe, the game four tape vs. Vandy is almost like Young is atoning for those let downs and showing scouts more of what they saw vs. Texas. The Commodores tried to use soft zone coverage early on and to say that Bryce carved them up is an understatement. The deep ball was finding its mark and everything looked like it was a full go. If you can't get passed the, "Well... it's Vandy" part, hopefully it will ease your concerns when you find out that they were 3-1 at that point and would later go on to defeat both Will Levis and Anthony Richardson later in the season. The play queued up below shows all of the traits that folks want to see on display: the NFL-caliber throw with strength and accuracy, how he calmly moves through his progressions, and of course... points on the board.