• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson Film Breakdown Megathread

Ricky Spanish

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Let’s break this down..

1. We’re not talking about a statue.. Young can move has quickness and agility and navigates a pocket with the best of them.. He isn’t going to be the designed run guy but scrambling and pocket movement is his thing.. Making plays offscript is his thing…

2. When is being a high level passer mentally going to get credit?? Why is being a super athlete getting more attention then guys who win from the pocket and can diagnose defenses.. Because reality is those are the guys who are winning more consistently and have a longer productive life in the league.. The super athletes aren’t winning consistently they aren’t lasting longer nor are they taking teams to superbowl championships often..

3. All QB deal with coverage sacks.. Just because you’re super athlete doesn’t mean you negate coverage sacks from happening.. Honestly the pocket passer beat diagnoses helps then beat coverages more then being able to run ..

1. He will have trouble extending plays in the pocket like you saw, outside the pocket it will be downright dangerous. The NFL is faster "scrambling" is less effective, throwing it away, or if you're Levis or Richardson get vertical yards, make them pay, because like I said passing lanes are covered and run is stuffed. Usually as a defense if you're covering and stopping the run you win. Against Bryce, probably, AR and Levis ripping off ten fifteen yards at a time makes a huge difference. I've watched Cam.

2. He's small for the position. Not my fault.

3. Playoff time there will be more of those, more situations where your QB will need to run the sneak or if you're AR, Levis QB power. It's an ADVANTAGE why am I choosing a guy with obvious disadvantages in the NFL, it's not college.

47 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

1. He will have trouble extending plays in the pocket like you saw, outside the pocket it will be downright dangerous. The NFL is faster "scrambling" is less effective, throwing it away, or if you're Levis or Richardson get vertical yards, make them pay, because like I said passing lanes are covered and run is stuffed. Usually as a defense if you're covering and stopping the run you win. Against Bryce, probably, AR and Levis ripping off ten fifteen yards at a time makes a huge difference. I've watched Cam.

2. He's small for the position. Not my fault.

3. Playoff time there will be more of those, more situations where your QB will need to run the sneak or if you're AR, Levis QB power. It's an ADVANTAGE why am I choosing a guy with obvious disadvantages in the NFL, it's not college.

1. You say this but players with less athletic skills are still doing this.. Brady still able to scramble, Rodgers still able to scramble, Mahomes with a ankle sprain is still able to scramble.. Bigger faster defender and less athletic QB then Young are still able to scramble.. So this opinion just isn’t true..

2. He definitely is.. But the league has changed in that respect.. QB are way more protected.. Big statues type QB aren’t as wanted.. Smaller QB are having success..

3. We just saw the playoffs and Mahomes, Burrows, and Purdy advanced and still made plays and still won over the Allen’s, Daniel Jones, Lawrence’s, and Herbert’s more athletic QBs..

2 hours ago, WOW!! said:

1. You say this but players with less athletic skills are still doing this.. Brady still able to scramble, Rodgers still able to scramble, Mahomes with a ankle sprain is still able to scramble.. Bigger faster defender and less athletic QB then Young are still able to scramble.. So this opinion just isn’t true..

2. He definitely is.. But the league has changed in that respect.. QB are way more protected.. Big statues type QB aren’t as wanted.. Smaller QB are having success..

3. We just saw the playoffs and Mahomes, Burrows, and Purdy advanced and still made plays and still won over the Allen’s, Daniel Jones, Lawrence’s, and Herbert’s more athletic QBs..

1. Young doesnt scramble

2. What smaller qbs are having success?

3.  ?

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

1. Young doesnt scramble

2. What smaller qbs are having success?

3.  ?

So I guess this is Brian Young doing this and not Bryce..

2. Russell Wilson, Kyler Murray, Hurts, all smaller QB who have had success..

3. ?

9 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Murray has had success?  And hurts is small?  WTF?

Jesus Christ do you not get tried of being loud and wrong???

https://www.nfl.com/players/kyler-murray/stats/career

and just for reference we haven’t had a QB put his numbers up in 5 years!! And he

Got Arizona to the playoffs last year!!!

https://www.nfl.com/players/jalen-hurts/

And yes 6’1 220 is considered small for NFL QB I’m sorry you didn’t know that..

Edited by WOW!!
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

you can cherry pick plays all you want to but his stats are his stats.  Scrambling for yardage is not his forte

It’s not cherry picking goofy if somebody says.. This doesn’t happen and you show them it actually does??? 
WtF !!

59 minutes ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

Young may do a lot of scrambling in college but when he gets to the NFL that scrambling will turn him into a moving target by a speedy defensive lineman. 

Just like it is for every QB in the league..

Anyone wanna ask themselves WHY a QB who plays for Nick Saban...WHY a QB who plays for a team that's perennially favored to win the National Championship...WHY a QB who is surrounded by 4 and 5 star players...WHY a QB who should have a top OL, receivers, running game and defense...WHY a QB who is so celebrated...WHY did he have to run out of the pocket and extend so many plays?

Mac Jones didn't have to do that to win a National Championship.

It's nice that Young can do these things, I worry that he's just not comfortable staying in the pocket.

1 hour ago, 96Bravo said:

Anyone wanna ask themselves WHY a QB who plays for Nick Saban...WHY a QB who plays for a team that's perennially favored to win the National Championship...WHY a QB who is surrounded by 4 and 5 star players...WHY a QB who should have a top OL, receivers, running game and defense...WHY a QB who is so celebrated...WHY did he have to run out of the pocket and extend so many plays?

Mac Jones didn't have to do that to win a National Championship.

It's nice that Young can do these things, I worry that he's just not comfortable staying in the pocket.

Young did those things because this most recent Bama team wasn't the same Bama team that Jones had. Look what he did in 2021 with a better supporting cast. Then look at what he did in 2022 when his good supporting cast left. He elevated the team so much that you still think that 2022 Bama was still 2020 Bama.

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Young did those things because this most recent Bama team wasn't the same Bama team that Jones had. Look what he did in 2021 with a better supporting cast. Then look at what he did in 2022 when his good supporting cast left. He elevated the team so much that you still think that 2022 Bama was still 2020 Bama.

And reality is he still put up 40 tds and less then 10 TO with a less talented team..

• Beer 1