• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson “knocked” S2 cognitive test “out of the park”.

DFive

1 minute ago, therealmjl said:

I’m not comparing him to willis as a player. I’m comparing the media push to catapult them into discussions for top 5 pick when it isn’t warranted.

Yeah thats fair, I guess I just feel like the situation surrounding Wills were a bit different with that class. I'm not trying to make you like him, I just think he shows he can process at a quick rate on tape. I'm very open that I think his accuracy issues are going to be his deciding factor and I understand why some people think it wont be as hard to fix as others, because I think he's got a clear flaw in his base that needs correcting. How accurate does that make him though?

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, stan786 said:

Yeah thats fair, I guess I just feel like the situation surrounding Wills were a bit different with that class. I'm not trying to make you like him, I just think he shows he can process at a quick rate on tape. I'm very open that I think his accuracy issues are going to be his deciding factor and I understand why some people think it wont be as hard to fix as others, because I think he's got a clear flaw in his base that needs correcting. How accurate does that make him though?

Yeah it’s the accuracy on the short to intermediate throws for me.

I just can’t justify someone who can’t consistently hit the simple outlet pass in an offense that is going to require it.

Edited by therealmjl
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Here is what bothers me about AR:

1. He scores well on the S2 (reportedly a home run even though others possibly scored higher).

2.  He flicked the ball 70 yards at the combine.

3. He ran in the 4.4s

4. He completed 53% of his passes at Florida and did not say, "I need another year in college".

5. He has one season as a starting QB in college and did not say, "I need another year in college."

Yes, you could argue that his WRs dropped passes (because that only happens at UF) and you could argue that he is going to be an early first round pick.  Is that because AR is good or because he has the skill set to be good and desperate teams are willing to take extraordinary risks to get a franchise QB?

I think the best advice would have been to stay in school, get 20+ games of experience.  Show the world that the 53% completions in 2022 was a fluke.   Work on your mechanics.  Be the #1 overall pick in 2024. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

1. He scores well on the S2 (reportedly a home run even though others possibly scored higher).

3. He ran in the 4.4s

4. He completed 53% of his passes at Florida and did not say, "I need another year in college".

5. He has one season as a starting QB in college and did not say, "I need another year in college."

Yes, you could argue that his WRs dropped passes (because that only happens at UF) and you could argue that he is going to be an early first round pick.  Is that because AR is good or because he has the skill set to be good and desperate teams are willing to take extraordinary risks to get a franchise QB?

I think the best advice would have been to stay in school, get 20+ games of experience.  Show the world that the 53% completions in 2022 was a fluke.   Work on your mechanics.  Be the #1 overall pick in 2024. 

Good points. The problem is, he wasn’t winning in Florida. So that completion percentage likely isn’t going to improve enough to boost his stock any more than it already was. 

Edited by therealmjl
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Good points. The problem is, he wasn’t winning in Florida. So that completion percentage likely isn’t going to improve enough to boost his stock any more than it already was. 

He is an incredible athlete and watching him throw is amazing.  I just think you don't pull the cake out of the oven because it smells good now--

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, frankw said:

If you think AR is an extraordinary risk but BY isn't at all you are operating with clear bias.

I hope they are seriously considering this kid.

I honestly think all QBs are risks, and I understand the appeal of AR--but when has he been great? When has Bryce not been great?

9 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I honestly think all QBs are risks, and I understand the appeal of AR--but when has he been great? When has Bryce not been great?

Of course they all are I completely agree. Bryce never had a bad play or a bad game? This is why some folks are pulling away from the discussion now. My personal opinion is AR is not that much bigger of a risk than BY. Unless Reich was just lying he has told you himself AR is under consideration for the pick. If they were to pick him it would be a VERY bold move and just like if we picked Young I would be concerned in the back of my mind. But I would feel hopeful. We have decades of experience on staff. I'll go with their decision regardless. Hey whatever happens it isn't our job on the line. We don't know what the future holds. 5 years from now AR could be doing nothing or he could be dominating. Same can be said with Young. We'll see.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Agreed but we also shouldn’t ignore any prospect that has a similar playing style as Cam. Just grade them all on an equal playing field and if the one who reminds fans of Cam makes the most sense then draft him. I’m not saying this is the case this year.

While Cam was great, he also really, really emphasizes how that kind of player can have both a dramatic, quick impact on a team and can also have a dramatic, quick exit from the league. 

Love him for who he was, but Cam was the proverbial bottle rocket... flew to the stratosphere and then bang, it's over and done with. It was a heck of a ride but this league eats up people, even the great ones, who are out there taking the hits. 

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

3. He ran in the 4.4s

He was wise to get out of that dumpster fire in Gainesville. 

Why stay another year in College if you're not getting the coaching you need? Not to mention the lack of talent around him to showcase his abilities.

11 minutes ago, frankw said:

Of course they all are I completely agree. Bryce never had a bad play or a bad game? This is why some folks are pulling away from the discussion now. My personal opinion is AR is not that much bigger of a risk than BY. Unless Reich was just lying he has told you himself AR is under consideration for the pick. If they were to pick him it would be a VERY bold move and just like if we picked Young I would be concerned in the back of my mind. But I would feel hopeful. We have decades of experience on staff. I'll go with their decision regardless. Hey whatever happens it isn't our job on the line. We don't know what the future holds. 5 years from now AR could be doing nothing or he could be dominating. Same can be said with Young. We'll see.

BY and AR are not in the same category of quarterback. Bryce Young was the best quarterback in high school, best quarterback in college, and has widely been considered worthy of #1 overall for two years now. 

BY has consistently been the best quarterback in whatever league he's been in since he started playing. AR has one season of middling quarterback play.

and before you say BY was on a better team blah blah - it's because he earned that right by his play. 

BY has risks associated with him, but they are not based on his play.

Edited by therealmjl

12 minutes ago, frankw said:

If you consider the upside and all variables, you could have a very valid point--