• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer: Bryce Young scored 98 on his S2 teat

TheSpecialJuan

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I guess some people think you're trolling.

Nah just some bad apples who think Stroud is the only QB we should take. I can't help them they like who they like...

Im a Stroud fan myself, but I said from the start im not mad at the Young pick either. He's the best QB if you don't look at size. His film will prove it. And from the rumors it looks like the coaching staff also thinks the same.

• Pie 2

18 minutes ago, ncfan said:

You could really say that about any of these prospects though

It applies moreso to him. He was my favorite going into last year when all of you were arguing over Howell and and the Pickets of the draft. He is a year ahead of the rest of the class in development.  He played more games and studied more tape than the rest of the class. He's practiced the S2 since HS so he gets no bump for that. 

I've come to see that those things alone will not make him successful in the nfl. He has limitations that set him back to the point that he's not the best choice in this class.  He needs the least development, sure but he's near his ceiling in mental aspects of the game.

He's just not a safe or sure pick to make it in the nfl. That put him on equal footing with the rest of the class when to take everything into consideration. 

Edited by Jon Snow
Edited to add that I also that he's afraid of competing at anything he thinks will make him look bad.

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Edited to add that I also that he's afraid of competing at anything he thinks will make him look bad.

Yeah. I'm fine if our staff pick Young, but I really want to know why he didn't throw at the combine and didn't weigh at his pro day. That bugs the poo out of me. People don't skip those things unless they've got something to hide. Maybe I'm making too much of it, but it bugs me.

Just now, Pup McBarky said:

Yeah. I'm fine if our staff pick Young, but I really want to know why he didn't throw at the combine and didn't weigh at his pro day. That bugs the poo out of me. People don't skip those things unless they've got something to hide. Maybe I'm making too much of it, but it bugs me.

He just does not have a competitive nature.  He comes off as the type that thinks that if he cannot win he doesn't want to play. 

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

So what? I would be good at take SATs.  Ok.  This is a negative somehow?  This is totally irrelevant IMO.  Just say you like CJ more no need to try to discredit Young being good at these tests 

I do like CJ more and I’m 100% within my right to attempt to add context to his score. 

• Pie 1