• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BH's Time Waster: Panthers Analysis & Full 2-Round Mock

Bear Hands

10 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Good draft ..

My issues is 2 secondary guys and Latu is going higher then the 5th round..

What happened to pick 93??

Yeah can't fill every hole but wanted to throw the Latu idea out there.  Think 2 DBs could be important, especially for Evero's defense.  It's hard to fill every hole.  

I just don't trust Taylor & Henderson coming in with Jackson & Horn's injury history.  I know we picked up Rowe who can play NB, but he hasn't been that special.  Feel like we need speed and an added punch.  I also just love Ward and wanted to give him a shout.   

Oh & the trade I mocked was 39 & 93 for 48, 81, & 151.  I think it maintains prospect value w/that 2nd rounder but moves us up 12 in the 3rd and nets an additional pick.  No problem staying put, I'd probably lean Brents even at 39.  Just think he's got it. 

Edited by Bear Hands

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

Yeah can't fill every hole but wanted to throw the Latu idea out there.  Think 2 DBs could be important, especially for Evero's defense.  It's hard to fill every hole.  

I just don't trust Taylor & Henderson coming in with Jackson & Horn's injury history.  I know we picked up Rowe who can play NB, but he hasn't been that special.  Feel like we need speed and an added punch.  I also just love Ward and wanted to give him a shout.   

Oh & the trade I mocked was 39 & 93 for 48, 81, & 151.  I think it maintains prospect value w/that 2nd rounder but moves us up 8 in the 3rd and nets an additional pick.  No problem staying put, I'd probably lean Brents even at 39.  Just think he's got it. 

The simulators might be wrong but I’ve been able consistently to trade down 10 or 9 spots in the 2nd not do a pick switch in the 3rd and still get a extra 5th.. So I usually end up with 

a 2nd round pick in the late 40’ early 50’ 

2 3rd rounders and 2 5ths..

Again the simulators could be off..

8 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

The simulators might be wrong but I’ve been able consistently to trade down 10 or 9 spots in the 2nd not do a pick switch in the 3rd and still get a extra 5th.. So I usually end up with 

a 2nd round pick in the late 40’ early 50’ 

2 3rd rounders and 2 5ths..

Again the simulators could be off..

It's kind of why I added perceived reaches with my late rounders, to account for me being a bit conservative in the trade eval.  Now, if we can pull off lets say a 39 & 114 for 48 & 81 swap, I'd be ALL over that.  Then, we're looking at...

1-Bryce Young

2-48-Julius Brents

3-81-Rashee Rice 

3-93 - This could be where there's a more significant upgrade than KJ Henry.  Byron Young EDGE, Schoonmaker at TE, McBride RB, some nice possibilities.   

4-132 - TE/OL/RBs galore IMO

5-145 - TE/OL/RB

I just like this slight trade down idea.  But even if it's a stay put at 39, I'd honestly take Brents in this scenario.  Hyatt or Campbell could get the edge, but it's close for me.  

• Beer 1

In respect to the pressers today, they were trying to imply the front-7 is an area to be addressed without much word on the secondary, which I find could be a misdirect.  They did however reaffirm multiple times that the length & speed combo with high football IQ is what they look for.  

For me, that's Brents to a tee at DB, who we've met with.  

At EDGE, that would be Will McDonald IV, BJ Ojulari, Derrick Hall as well.

Daiyan Henley & Dorian Williams are two LBs who has the length.  A bit leaner but could definitely be targets.  

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

good stuff BH, so you're not going with the recent talk about an early IOL?

Avila could definitely be in play here, but I just like Brents for us. 

I'm also low-key a Cody Mauch fan, but I think there's a secondary need with how Evero uses NBs that if a guy on our value charts is there, that takes slight priority over filler RG (or) swing tackle depth.  

• Pie 1