• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should the Hornets pursue Draymond Green?

CamWhoaaCam

10 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

I believe Draymond Green would come here if the right amount of money and a decent contract was offered to him.

No way man…he would go anywhere but here.  I really don’t see how he fits here in any scenario.  I mean maybe if Steph came home to finish his career or something but none of that is ever happening

Edited by Shocker

3 hours ago, Shocker said:

No way man…he would go anywhere but here.  I really don’t see how he fits here in any scenario.  I mean maybe if Steph came home to finish his career or something but none of that is ever happening

You could very well be correct.

• 1 month later...
On 4/22/2023 at 10:52 PM, CamWhoaaCam said:

Before you judge hear me out...

The Hornets are in desperate need of a culture change. Draymond Green is a vet who plays winning team basketball. He's not what he once was, but he is still productive. But the main reason I think he could help the Hornets is him leading a new culture. He is a vocal guy and will hold the young guys accountable every night. Not only that he is a guy you know will have his teammates back. We need a ruff ryder on this team. We just have too many laid back guys. Hayward is supposed to be our vet leader but he's too laid back and always injured. This team needs a voice in the locker room and a guy who will change the culture of the team.

Would Draymond be a good fit with the Hornets?

I agree we need someone like Draymond here. We don't have an outspoken leader on this team. Miles was our most intense player that we had and we missed that last year. Since it looks like Miles will be back that fills the intense player part but we are still lacking the veteran toughness. I hate players like Draymond, Kyle Lowry, Steven Adams, Brooks and Morris twins but they do bring something that we don't have so I wouldn't be opposed to bringing a player like that in the locker room. 

We are too nice on the court currently. 

Draymond is not worth a max at this point in his career. That being said a cost controlled Draymond could help just about everyteam in the league so he would be unlikely to choose Charlotte over other contenders