• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should the Hornets pursue Draymond Green?

CamWhoaaCam

Before you judge hear me out...

The Hornets are in desperate need of a culture change. Draymond Green is a vet who plays winning team basketball. He's not what he once was, but he is still productive. But the main reason I think he could help the Hornets is him leading a new culture. He is a vocal guy and will hold the young guys accountable every night. Not only that he is a guy you know will have his teammates back. We need a ruff ryder on this team. We just have too many laid back guys. Hayward is supposed to be our vet leader but he's too laid back and always injured. This team needs a voice in the locker room and a guy who will change the culture of the team.

Would Draymond be a good fit with the Hornets?

• Pie 2

19 minutes ago, Shocker said:

He would never play here

Money will make you play anywhere.

Golden State can't afford to pay him another big deal after they extended Wiggins and Poole. They already have Klay and Steph on the supermax. Not enough money for Draymond he's likely gone this offseason.

15 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Golden State can't afford to pay him another big deal after they extended Wiggins and Poole. They already have Klay and Steph on the supermax. Not enough money for Draymond he's likely gone this offseason.

No money can make you sign. Doesn't mean you have to play. We have paid several veterans in the past to sit on the bench 2/3 of the season

Not only no, but HELL NO.  Draymond is great when he has talent around him and he can be the tone setter, but if you ask him to be the team leader, then it will result is absolute disaster.

His talent is waning and he will not be able to positively contribute any longer, his antics won't be worth the trouble.

• Pie 2

19 minutes ago, 33inNC said:

Not only no, but HELL NO.  Draymond is great when he has talent around him and he can be the tone setter, but if you ask him to be the team leader, then it will result is absolute disaster.

His talent is waning and he will not be able to positively contribute any longer, his antics won't be worth the trouble.

Top 3 pick, LaMelo, Bridges, Williams not enough talent?

• Pie 1

22 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I also feel that Draymond is history this offseason.

I don't think it makes sense from either side, we need young guys to build around not overpaying more vets on their last legs and he wants to keep contending. Vet role players who are legit leaders, sure we could use some of those (Gordon, Terry are not it), but Draymond is a leader in a unique situation with GS -- Kerr and Curry are able to make it work, I don't think he'll go into another team and do anything to contribute to a good culture. I disagree with others here that he's overrated, on the court he's an absolute stud and defensive tone-setter. But I don't think that continues into his next (massive) contract. I think he stays in GS, it makes too much sense for everyone involved.