• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Riddle me this?

Gerry Green

7 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

Brady gets the ball out in under 3 second. Everybody does. Except Bryce. Just because the scheme works, don't blame the QB.

That's lazy. Tons of QBs get the ball out in under 3 seconds. Just because CJ does as well does not automatically mean he doesn't know where to go with the ball.

I hate that ol trope. OSU has talent. lol

Go argue with NFL talent evaluators. They don't like OSU's offense in terms of evaluating QB prospects.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Gerry Green said:

So what you're saying is; Without a top line and gret WR Bryce isn't the same QB? Funny how that works.

More like Bryce was the same QB without a OL or good WRs as Stroud was with a Top OL and Top WRs

• Pie 1

Just now, Gerry Green said:

So what you're saying is; Without a top line and gret WR Bryce isn't the same QB? Funny how that works.

Stroud had an average time to throw of 3.39 seconds in his grail game against Georgia are you gonna hold that against him?

Sometimes when your online and receivers arent having great days you have to create a little on your own. Also its not like Bryce had a bad season last year, so i'm not even sure what your comment is getting at. He held the ball a little longer and bought more time and was about as successful as he was the previous year.

• Pie 2

Just now, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

Screenshot_20230420_103136_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1d6354a0402cd5a0b954d7037207ae15.jpg

Do you get to number one, by only throwing to your first read?

Well if your first read is always open then….yes. That’d be the case for anybody. 

Idk why we are acting like the Ohio State offense isn’t super QB friendly. It’s been that way for YEARS now. And like yeah, you can’t blame the QB for that but it just is what it is. There aren’t a lot of full field reads that they have to do, and there’s been data, even some posted here about how often Stroud in this case threw to his first read vs his secondary reads that support that. 

It’s not the end of the world but is just is what it is on that front.

I'll never understand how Stroud got elevated to a bullet proof prospect by so many on this board. He's got plenty of issues that are a risk to take, I understand liking him more but acting like he isnt a flawed prospect is just so confusing.

All the QBs have flaws, its more of a pick your poison type draft.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, stan786 said:

I'll never understand how Stroud got elevated to a bullet proof prospect by so many on this board. He's got plenty of issues that are a risk to take, I understand liking him more but acting like he isnt a flawed prospect is just so confusing.

All the QBs have flaws, its more of a pick your poison type draft.

On a high off recency  bias of the Georgia game.

that combined with the media jumping to conclusions and assuming we wouldn’t take a guy under 6’3.  They all pivoted to the 2nd best QB, who was still good.  And fans fell in love.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Now look at outside the pocket and under pressure numbers.

I like Stroud but it looks like he's not the pick. You're beating a dead horse.

I'm not beating anything just refuting he can only lock onto 1 person..all qbs have stuff that needs to be coached but I'd rather have someone that can see over the line and stand tall then have to run around like Russell Wilson did all those years

• Beer 1
  • Poo 4

4 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

So what I'm hearing is; CJ gets the ball out because of scheme and talent.

Bryce doesn't get the ball out because of a lack of scheme and talent.

Seems legit.

One played in a QB friendly system with a top 10 OL where both OTs will be going top 40 in the draft while also throwing to 5 WRs who did or will go top 15 in Their draft.

Vs a guy coming from a NFL system playing under a NFL OC/QB coach.  With a OL that wasn’t even top 100 Nationally with a not so good WR group.

Edited by ncfan
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1