• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Non-Panthers Bold Predictions

Bear Hands

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

Fun One:

Outside of Bryce, CJ & Levis (the only instantly start-able guys), Jake Haener will be the first rookie in this class to start a game at QB.  Before Hooker & Richardson.

Haener & Moreno-Cropper stay together and go to the LA Rams.  

I could see Haener having a Fitzmagic-type career.

2 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

I could see Haener having a Fitzmagic-type career.

That's actual a comp I've had.  He plays a tad more safe so is less of an INT machine.  Could show enough in relief to Stafford to earn himself in starter consideration.   

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Is this a bold prediction? Having the field vs one player the odds are obviously going to be in favor of the field except for a year with a generational talent like Lawrence/Luck.

And see. . .you proved my point and didn't even realize it.  Any of the top QB's in this draft at this point can be considered average at best yet we mortgaged our future and gave up major draft capital to move to one for no one generational.  If our pick at 1 turns out to be great, we lucked into it.

30 minutes ago, panfanman said:

If our pick at 1 turns out to be great, we lucked into it.

Luck is always a part of it. Fitterer said you don't make that move unless you have conviction. Conviction from the previous staff meant nothing. Conviction from this staff and their combined decades of experience makes it more than just about luck. They could still miss, but the odds are better with this group than probably any group we've ever had.

Interesting the Mayer to Dallas call because that's the comp I keep coming up with for Mayer - Jason Witten. You watch those guys play and there's nothing eye popping about them. They check all the boxes physically but there's not a lot of highlight reel plays. They just block effectively, get open, and catch balls. Over and over again.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Interesting the Mayer to Dallas call because that's the comp I keep coming up with for Mayer - Jason Witten. You watch those guys play and there's nothing eye popping about them. They check all the boxes physically but there's not a lot of highlight reel plays. They just block effectively, get open, and catch balls. Over and over again.

Precisely.  Definitely a Jason Witten, Todd Heap type

Otherwise at TE, I have grown to be all about Tucker Kraft.  Doesn't have the injury concerns Schoonmaker or Musgrave brings, but blocks, gets open, and is a pain in the bazooka to take down.  

My ideal path is still a trade down from 39.  Would love a draft landing:

1) Bryce Young

2-from trade) DJ Turner/Julius Brents

3-from trade) Tucker Kraft

3-2) Tyler Scott

4) Kendre Miller

5) Braeden Daniels (or) EDGE