• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Disney Pricing and associated talk

PanthersATL

I just got back from a week in Florida for the whole Disney experience with my family.  Oh boy!  My credit card is weeping!  We ended up paying for the Genie lighting lane pass for several rides.  I think we added another $100 or so each day.  It was worth it frankly.  There are so many people at the parks.  It was annoying.  I think I'm just getting less peoply in my old age.

Now the extra cash on top of the tickets was worth it - but we're not going to be hitting Disney again for several years.  Magic Kingdom = overrated.  Hollywood Studios = Star Wars area was cool, but the rest, meh.  Animal Kingdom was by far the coolest!  Just way more chill, less impatient and entitled fuggers.

Next time, we'll hit up Epcot.

We also went back to Universal for Harry Potter again.  We just love going back to that area!  But there is a difference between the quality in Disney and Universal.  It's fun for a bit, but I couldn't do it again for a few more years.  This was a great time as my son is 11, and it was still really exciting and cool for him.

As far as the streaming services versus cable - it's been interesting to see with the WGA-SAG strike how things have changed for the worse for writers and actors.  There was an interesting interview on Pod Save America with Adam Conover (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOSrzEfeftI) that talks about some of the changes that the producers have suggested to keep more money and try to remove the human element as much as possible.  The change in rates and residuals is quite drastic.

There is a real impasse between what the Producers want and the Writers.  I think the producers are going to blink first as people stop watching and paying for their content.  As Adam Conover said in the podcast, they do deliver the A+ quality entertainment that people want.  AI can't replace the human element no matter what the producers want.

On 8/4/2023 at 9:40 AM, d-dave said:

I just got back from a week in Florida for the whole Disney experience with my family.  Oh boy!  My credit card is weeping!  We ended up paying for the Genie lighting lane pass for several rides.  I think we added another $100 or so each day.  It was worth it frankly.  There are so many people at the parks.  It was annoying.  I think I'm just getting less peoply in my old age.

Now the extra cash on top of the tickets was worth it - but we're not going to be hitting Disney again for several years.  Magic Kingdom = overrated.  Hollywood Studios = Star Wars area was cool, but the rest, meh.  Animal Kingdom was by far the coolest!  Just way more chill, less impatient and entitled fuggers.

Next time, we'll hit up Epcot.

We also went back to Universal for Harry Potter again.  We just love going back to that area!  But there is a difference between the quality in Disney and Universal.  It's fun for a bit, but I couldn't do it again for a few more years.  This was a great time as my son is 11, and it was still really exciting and cool for him.

As far as the streaming services versus cable - it's been interesting to see with the WGA-SAG strike how things have changed for the worse for writers and actors.  There was an interesting interview on Pod Save America with Adam Conover (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOSrzEfeftI) that talks about some of the changes that the producers have suggested to keep more money and try to remove the human element as much as possible.  The change in rates and residuals is quite drastic.

There is a real impasse between what the Producers want and the Writers.  I think the producers are going to blink first as people stop watching and paying for their content.  As Adam Conover said in the podcast, they do deliver the A+ quality entertainment that people want.  AI can't replace the human element no matter what the producers want.

I love universal. Keep an eye out for the new park opening in a couple years - it will have Mario land (and more Harry Potter) and a few other big brands.  It sounds awesome!  The best thing about universal is if you stay on property you have a fast pass included to all rides but Hagrid's.  It was well worth it!  

On 8/11/2023 at 9:49 AM, pnthrs said:

I love universal. Keep an eye out for the new park opening in a couple years - it will have Mario land (and more Harry Potter) and a few other big brands.  It sounds awesome!  The best thing about universal is if you stay on property you have a fast pass included to all rides but Hagrid's.  It was well worth it!  

As much as i hate the spirit of fast passes, they were worth every penny when we went. Hell, we ended up staying a night in the resort even though we had a condo elsewhere because it was still cheaper than buying the passes alone.

• Pie 1

I live in Orlando and I’m a WDW annual pass holder and I only go specifically because the annual pass essentially pays for itself after 8 or so visits a year.

I completely understand those who visit who aren’t pass holders though. Mickey is taking them out back behind the Country Bears Jamboree shed and fuging them in the ass with the prices.

Most people I’ve talked to are spending around $5000 for a seven day Disney vacation for a group of four people… that’s fuging nuts.