• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023 Quantifying Quarterbacks

Icege

18 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Just enough time to switch profiles. Alt confirmed? Honestly, if we’re going to make rep a thing here, some people should have their privileges removed. These 2 losers just follow me around and poo for no reason. 

054F3D8E-8494-4391-84D8-2B6BF7696432.jpeg

57008B9E-14D1-4B1F-9196-31FB4276FB5C.jpeg

I'm a big fan of the ignore feature for situations like that. 🙂

55 minutes ago, panther4life said:

nfldraftbreakdown was the site and it was amazing. Now its still something draft related but not worth anyones time.  Had more than just QB't too, some maniacs took the time to cut up the games to just snaps WR's just blocked in or were targeted.  Same for other positions too. 

Luckily, as I am sure you know(but sharing for those that don't ) now days you can still find most of the same stuff on YouTube by typing a players name vs opponent. For example "Bryce Young Vs Tennessee"

I also agree with you that the best way to get an idea of a prospect is to actually watch whatever game footage you can find online that showcases how they do throughout entire games vs just highlights. Takes only a few more minutes to watch 4-5 entire games than you just watching 1-2 highlight videos so well worth the investment. I also appreciate the advanced stats too, because it forces me to go back and watch if it doesn't align with my original thoughts.

Agreed. I think Young's highlights kind of do him a disservice if you don't watch Alabama or college football in general. Most of those highlights have him extending plays for 5 to 6 seconds. It gives the expression that he can't make the routine plays from the pocket. 

I would also suggest if you have time watch a full game. That's where you notice the number of pre-snap protection and adjustments he made. I think Saban mentioned giving him 2 plays before the snap then Young will read the defense and make the play call. Does are the little things you don't see on the highlight video or all passes video that matrer. 

• Pie 1

34 minutes ago, gmonjimbo said:

I would also suggest if you have time watch a full game. That's where you notice the number of pre-snap protection and adjustments he made. I think Saban mentioned giving him 2 plays before the snap then Young will read the defense and make the play call. Does are the little things you don't see on the highlight video or all passes video that matrer. 

Very good point. Just don't have time go back and watch the full versions.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Icege said:

It's worth noting that the lack of explosive plays for Bama this past season was likely due to them not having a speedster at WR to act as their deep threat. Tyler Harrell transferred in from Louisville and was supposed to be that player for them but he didn't see the field until late October against Mississippi State due to a foot injury that plagued him all season.

That left Jermaine Burton (who played the role of their X after transferring in from Arkansas), Ja'Corey Brooks, Traeshon Holden, and Kobe Prentice to be the main four WRs. Prentice has speed, but he was also a freshman learning the offense.

Couple that with how poorly the Alabama OL played and I can understand the lower explosive play percentage.

Yeah.  I'd love to see these numbers for 2021 season.