• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tragedy in Tampa

Mr. Scot

I had an instance in an airport while we were going through security and my little child was on the floor and crawled into the main path of an airport shuttle that was flying down the hall. I only barely managed to snatch him up before he would have been crushed by this vehicle that was going *way* too fast and didn't even see. I had to just disregard the "security" that was trying to wand me and go save him while they were freaking out that I wasn't complying. I sometimes have flashbacks, imagining what could have happened. That parental instinct and that sense of possible loss were just a spike of unforgettable adrenaline and panic that is forever woven into my nervous system. I really feel for *anyone* who's had to suffer such a loss.

I really don’t see how a parent can mentally deal with losing a child.  My son had a scary fever at age 2 and had a seizure where he turned blue for about 60 secs.  In that 60 secs I went through what would be the easiest way to kill myself.  Total shock and I lost it.  Thank god he came through cuz I wouldn’t be here

So terrible…hope they can get help and somehow survive this.  

Edited by Shocker

5 hours ago, run-run-pass-punt said:

I had an instance in an airport while we were going through security and my little child was on the floor and crawled into the main path of an airport shuttle that was flying down the hall. I only barely managed to snatch him up before he would have been crushed by this vehicle that was going *way* too fast and didn't even see. I had to just disregard the "security" that was trying to wand me and go save him while they were freaking out that I wasn't complying. I sometimes have flashbacks, imagining what could have happened. That parental instinct and that sense of possible loss were just a spike of unforgettable adrenaline and panic that is forever woven into my nervous system. I really feel for *anyone* who's had to suffer such a loss.

Would have been tempting to clothesline that guy if you saw him again 😡

• Beer 1