• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ranking the eight NFL divisions by quarterback:

ladypanther

https://www.nfl.com/news/ranking-the-eight-nfl-divisions-by-quarterback-afc-claims-top-three-spots-north-

Adam Schein's ranking.  As you might expect, the NFC South is last.  Here are his comments on that:

Regular readers know how much I love Derek Carr. He's eternally underrated, and I believe he will thrive with this change of scenery, especially if Michael Thomas can actually rekindle his career. But when Carr is the most accomplished quarterback in the division by a country mile, that's not ideal for the downtrodden NFC South.

Now, I'm confident Young will live up to his draft pedigree as the No. 1 overall pick sooner than later. He's a beautiful mind at a cerebral position, a resilient gamer with immense toughness that belies his slight frame. Not to mention, the Panthers have surrounded him with a spectacular coaching staff that understands the position, including head coach Frank Reich, quarterbacks coach Josh McCown and senior assistant Jim Caldwell. This is going to work, even if/when Young suffers some rookie growing pains.

Ridder's more of a question mark as a third-round pick entering Year 2. That said, I do think the Falcons can break through in Arthur Smith's third year on the job. He'll support Ridder with a potent running game, especially now that Bijan Robinson's in the backfield. I liked Ridder at lot at the University of Cincinnati, where he burnished his reputation as a fine leader and program frontman. He could be solid under the watchful eye of Smith, with a stout offensive line in front of him and a bevy of young weapons (Robinson, WR Drake London, TE Kyle Pitts) at his disposal.

What's in store for Baker as a Buc? Who knows? This past season, he was bad in Carolina and solid in Los Angeles. He hasn't been legitimately good in years, though there is legit receiver talent around him in Tampa.

Edited by ladypanther
  • Flames 1

19 hours ago, Wolfcop said:

Of course, the NFCS is last, but love his analysis of Bryce!

No doubt we would be. If you compare the NFCS QBs to the top 3 divisions, it’s almost laughable. I know we are optimistic about Young but he hasn’t played a down and Carr being the best NFL QB says a lot.