• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023 Off-Season Thread

41 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Wow, why are we getting bent out of shape about a rumor about a guy who would rather play in Ottawa than Carolina because of $$.

I rather make some good scratch and be on a winning team.

Point well taken. We should recognize spirited debate doesn’t set well with the more sensitive members here.

Youre kind of piling on after it’s all over though haha.

Edited by DavidEng

8 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Doldrums of the offseason, this long without hockey makes me ornery.

Admirable, but it was me more than you, my ornery is a tad bigger lol. But you’re the type I can argue with and come out as friends so it’s all good. And I agree, we just want to know if theres gonna be any more trades and for the season to start. So far I feel good about the team already and any good forward added would just be another bonus. 

• Pie 1

I think we all are just ichy for hockey. The team is good. We just need it. We fend for it. Maybe addictive if you will?!   Ups and downs but for the most part, we are really friendly and aren’t like the panthers sub. Even if I get a little flack for being too positive sometimes but I get it haha 😜

I’ll say, we have a good group in here. Hopefully we have more for the regular season games like we had for the playoffs 

we really should have a Huddle game we all tailgate and go too this year. 

Edited by Panthers Fan 69
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Tarasenko was a TDL acquisition by the Rangers last year and now he's signing a 1-year, $5M deal with Ottawa? All this after canning his agent and signing with new representation?

This sounds to me like Tarasenko may be a problem child and perhaps a blessing in disguise the Canes didn't sign him.

• Pie 4

2 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Tarasenko was a TDL acquisition by the Rangers last year and now he's signing a 1-year, $5M deal with Ottawa? All this after canning his agent and signing with new representation?

This sounds to me like Tarasenko may be a problem child and perhaps a blessing in disguise the Canes didn't sign him.

Yeah the Tarasenko trade drama turned me off on him a bit. 

Interestingly, the Canes first regular season home game is against the Sens.  A chance for the Canes to show him we didn’t need him lol. Here’s to a Canes win!

Edited by DavidEng
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

14 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

Yeah the Tarasenko trade drama turned me off on him a bit. 

Interestingly, the Canes first regular season home game is against the Sens.  A chance for the Canes to show him we didn’t need him lol. Here’s to a Canes win!

We don’t need him. Our roster as it stands is more than fine and will be better than last year even. With the knowledge svech is missing half the season. Bring Pono up. Get him some pro experience. Win as many as we can and we’ve added two bruisers for the conference games. If we need a scorer? Guess what? We get svech back. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 2

5 hours ago, DavidEng said:

If correct that the Canes offer was less than $4mil this easily explains why Tarasenko went elsewhere. Can’t blame him for that.

He got a 4-year offer for that price from the senators and didn't take it???? That would have been absolute highway robbery if he was able to get a 5.5m 4 year contract from the Sens.

The dude has been a ghost in the playoffs when he has been on a playoff team and thinks he's worth elite level money 🤦‍♂️ sounds like he deserves to be on the Sens. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1