• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TMJ rated best WR

trucpfan

22 minutes ago, Icege said:

TMJ was lined up 1-on-1 with Cam Taylor-Britt who was and is the starter in Cinci. To say that the play came against a back-up player of Taylor/Henderson's caliber is misleading. As is pointing to his statline when the gameplan was "Don't make Sam throw the ball" under Wilks.

By all means, feel free to doubt as this isn't an attempt to change your mind. I just wanted to make sure that misinformation didn't go unchecked.  🙂

It won’t change my mind but Britt was the only D player who played the entire game. It was still 42-7, middle of the 4th quarter when TMJ scored in garbage time and the Bengals were just going through the motions. Maybe you think Baker’s 14-20 155 yards and 2 TDs (3 TD drives) in the 2nd half (we were down 35-0) where indicative of how hood Baker was. I mean if Baker played the whole game we probably were going to OT 42-42, right?

Sorry guys, feel free to pick apart my Elijah Moore knowledge but I don’t think TMJ is an answer for us because of 10 or 11 routes. He had a few game stretch where he played decent and that’s it and one game was garbage time and one game was a shootout with a terrible team. When we made the playoff push, he barely registered the last 6 weeks and he was our starting WR2. I’m still very much hoping Mingo shines because I think he’s got a higher ceiling. If TMJ gets a 1000 yards like you guys seem to think he will with how defensive you get, I’ll be happy to say I was completely wrong.

The numbers in the column on the right are the team passing yards in the last 6 games.

image.png.d7d0552c0a65a8edcc80aa6ca0116f50.png

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2022.htm

TMJ was not getting many targets...in the Tampa game...DJ was targeted 10 times and TMJ 3.  There could be lots of reasons for this but you would have to consider poor QB play and poor coaching as two likely contributing factors.  I want to see what he can do in this offense with this new coaching staff and with what certainly will be improved QB play. Not expecting WR1 because no one will be.  The plan seems to be to  spread the ball around.

Edited by ladypanther
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 5

4 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

SMH, you called me buddy first. I mean, OK buddy, seems like something that shouldn’t make you mad. Personally, don’t really care about Moore. Jets moved on and have their 5 WRs since they also added Cobb as well for Rodgers. Moore requested a trade last year so he wasn’t exactly a key guy for them like DJ was for us. Browns can see if they can get more out of Moore. I can still say it’s silly that Moore can be labeled best in the NFL at a route he ran 4 times the entire season, especially when the same source (PFF) had a very poor grade on him for the season.

Oh well, have a great day bud!

Come on man please do not reference old ass Randell Cobb as anything significant here. There’s JAGS on every roster and every positional group they’re irrelevant and can be replaced with a drop of a hat. Not sure if we’re even arguing at this point, Dj  is in another league compared to Elijah never was disagreeing with that. To your point about Elijah ranking so highly, it was a limited sample size basis so it’s irrelevant compared to other receivers who actually had a large enough data set to conclude any significance. Also, he is actually a really good separator and was operating with the worst QB corps in the entire league last season. Don’t be surprised if he breaks out to a degree next season, has the making of a solid WR2 and elite WR3. I feel as if we’re just disagreeing to disagree at this point, hope you have a nice day.

5 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

It won’t change my mind but Britt was the only D player who played the entire game. It was still 42-7, middle of the 4th quarter when TMJ scored in garbage time and the Bengals were just going through the motions. Maybe you think Baker’s 14-20 155 yards and 2 TDs (3 TD drives) in the 2nd half (we were down 35-0) where indicative of how hood Baker was. I mean if Baker played the whole game we probably were going to OT 42-42, right?

Sorry guys, feel free to pick apart my Elijah Moore knowledge but I don’t think TMJ is an answer for us because of 10 or 11 routes. He had a few game stretch where he played decent and that’s it and one game was garbage time and one game was a shootout with a terrible team. When we made the playoff push, he barely registered the last 6 weeks and he was our starting WR2. I’m still very much hoping Mingo shines because I think he’s got a higher ceiling. If TMJ gets a 1000 yards like you guys seem to think he will with how defensive you get, I’ll be happy to say I was completely wrong.

Whether or not TMJ beating a Bengals starter 1v1 for a 21yd TD is indicitive of Baker's play last season is something you're more than welcome to explore on your own. As I said, the point wasn't to attempt to get you to change your mind; it was to point out the misinformation you presented.

In that same train of thought, regarding TMJ's stats for the final 6 weeks of the season, looking at Sam Darnold's explains a lot:

• vs. DEN: 11 completions on 19 attempts (3 targets for TMJ, 6 targets for DJ)
  • vs. SEA: 14 completions on 24 attempts (1 target for TMJ, 3 targets for DJ)
  • vs. PIT: 14 completions on 23 attempts (3 targets for TMJ, 6 targets for DJ)
  • vs. DET: 15 completions on 22 attempts (3 targets for TMJ, 7 targets for DJ)
  • vs. TB: 23 completions on 37 attempts (3 targets for TMJ, 10 targets for DJ)
  • vs. NO: 5 completions on 15 attempts (3 targets for TMJ, 4 targets for DJ)

If you want that to mean Sam Darnold didn't like the Christmas present that TMJ got him the year before, have at it. I like to believe that most people would understand that not many players are going to be blowing up the statsheets when they're only targeted 2.7 times a game on average with a QB that's averaging just 13.7 completions on 23.3 attempts. Especially when that was during a season where the league average for passing attempts per game was 33.3.

Edited by Icege
  • Beer 1

On 6/20/2023 at 10:59 AM, WhoKnows said:

So, you've gone from a shoulda, coulda, woulda strategy to worst case scenario. At least you're adaptable.