• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jammie Robinson

razorwolf

6 hours ago, thefuzz said:

Wondering, since teams really don't have much power in the run game, if it's just better to have more CB's than traditional S's?  Are they just simply a liability, and now it's just better to draft/acquire some Corners who don't mind tackling?

Also, would love to look at the average sizes of the WR's today vs. prior generations.  Size was a MAJOR deal when drafting WR's high back when...not so much these days.  TO, Fitz, Megatron, our very own Key.

There has to be a reason, and it can't be that DC's have forgotten how to use them.  Who knows.

Yes, I think you're onto something.  I think that good safeties - more than good linebackers even - are still important for defenses.  But, their skill set is very different now. Explosive passing offenses require different skill sets to defend than primarily rushing offenses and the most gifted pass defenders will naturally end up corners in college rather than safeties.  The enforcers, run defenders of the past just seem less critical and they don't get noticed the way, say, corners might.

23 hours ago, Gerry Green said:

I bet you have a T-shirt that says ''Temper those emotions" on it. Play it safe. Got to keep those pesky emotions under control.

Have you seen our CB room lately? Do you even know how the guy plays? He's making the team. Which means, he probably sees the field. Exciting times ahead my dude.

A lot of people around here seem to not want to be excited about this team. It’s kinda sad.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Eric4280 said:

A lot of people around here seem to not want to be excited about this team. It’s kinda sad.

They're letting their fear of the past inhibit their excitement for the future. The ol "I've been hurt, so I will quit caring" philosophy. 

Or maybe they are just miserable in real life and feel the need to share with the rest of us. lol

1 hour ago, Eric4280 said:

Well panthers had a deal were they had one great year, meh one over and over along with couple of 2-14 .... so I get both sides.....rhule years didnt even allow the great/good years.

But the NFC south is itself underrated. Same for the rookie lead panthers. This year should be a wild ride. I truly like the roster, just have a brand new staff, systems, and new players. Its sooo hard to get that winner early....who knows tho. 

1679440444603491.jpg.92c5bb56d98c301e76268c9e3730a257.jpg

Edited by Basbear