• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023 Charlotte Hornets Summer League

26 minutes ago, App Panther said:

Another lackluster start for Miller. 4 Fouls and 3 TOs in the 1st quarter and no points. I'm sure he will pad the box score when the game is out of hand though. 

How about the assist?

He has 1 shot attempt. Stop looking at the box score MillerHater.

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

How about the assist?

He has 1 shot attempt. Stop looking at the box score MillerHater.

Just a realist. Miller should be a Summer League MVP candidate with his advertised pedigree. Amari Bailey is outplaying him through the first two games.

First impressions are important and so far Miller has been a dud. Hopefully it changes. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Bailey has a legit chance to make the big boy roster. I thought he was a meme pick because of his mom. Looks like MJ will have to move that condo out of town. Bailey will be in Charlotte for the long run.

Feels like Kup is much better at 2nd rounders.  Weird.  It is super early man but Miller playing very tentatively which was a serious worry of mine.  He is very passive as a player for long stretches 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

Feels like Kup is much better at 2nd rounders.  Weird.  It is super early man but Miller playing very tentatively which was a serious worry of mine.  He is very passive as a player for long stretches 

From what I've watched so far and the last game, Miller is playing point while everyone else wants to take whack shots.  No one on this team wants to play team basketball.  I like what I'm seeing from Njanni though. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, App Panther said:

Just a realist. Miller should be a Summer League MVP candidate with his advertised pedigree. Amari Bailey is outplaying him through the first two games.

First impressions are important and so far Miller has been a dud. Hopefully it changes. 

How is he a dud?

He's playing the pg role with a team who has shoot first guards. Like I said he only has 1 shot attempt.

If you just looking at points then yeah by all means judge him on scoring. Basketball is much more than points. Miller seems like a guy who is baby sitting a bunch of ballhogs trying to make the team. 

• Poo 1

Miller reminds me more of Tobias Harris than the Paul George claims.  It's still extremely early, but he's passive and doesn't create for himself well so far.  LaMelo is gonna have to set him up a lot.  It's a game and a half so I won't panic yet, but definitely apprehensive a little so far.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

5 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I think he's playing point forward because our guards are not pg's.

NSJ and Bouk are shooting as soon as they touch the ball. Kind of hard to get Miller involved when players not trying to run the offense.

5 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Bouk is trash im sorry but he is useless.

Truth GIF

Nick Smith is a smooth player but he needs to get under control.  It’s like he has never seen a defensive drill in practice too.

If Bouk can’t hit any shots he is not going to make it.  He isn’t good at anything else

Kai Jones has incredible athleticism but his basketball IQ is like zero.  Wild

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1