• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rumor - Canes Adding Tarasenko

2 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

All Adam Gold said is there is no agreement in place. And that should be obvious to anyone at this point. 
I have no personal opinion about any of these people. But Adam Gold is the only one who came out with an absolute fact. say what you will.

Can’t there be an agreement in place that only the player and team know about? Got no skin in this game but it’s not a fact because Gold says it is

• Beer 1

Just now, WelshPanther said:

Can’t there be an agreement in place that only the player and team know about? Got no skin in this game but it’s not a fact because Gold says it is

Yes, and I believe the Canes have given Tarasenko their final offer and he's choosing between the Canes and Ottawa.  Ottawa's offer might be the one that is in flux.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Yes, and I believe the Canes have given Tarasenko their final offer and he's choosing between the Canes and Ottawa.  Ottawa's offer might be the one that is in flux.

Orlov is the difference, trust me on this one. He could still go with Ottawa, but they have to clear up DeBrincats, first, which is also adding to the delay. I still think Orlov here makes the difference, even if it is a 2 year deal going for the cup.

Edited by philit99

I do not envy Ottawa’s situation. You have a guy who wants a contract similar to Timo Meier and neither you or any other team in the league want to give him that contract. So what are your options, 1) basically give him away on the trade market or 2) let him play out his $9M QO this year but see all your cap space go down the drain.

Fun times in Ottawa.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, DavidEng said:

Yeah rumor is the Canes and sports media are all in collusion keeping the Tarasenko trade on a hush hush basis to toy with the CH Canes forum.

lol, canes country definitely refreshing Twitter every 30 seconds or so.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

Yeah rumor is the Canes and sports media are all in collusion keeping the Tarasenko trade on a hush hush basis to toy with the CH Canes forum.

Clearly he hasn’t signed but that doesn’t mean they don’t have an agreement in principle. The athletic don’t post poo for fun.

1 minute ago, philit99 said:

lol, canes country definitely refreshing Twitter every 30 seconds or so.

Yepper’s lol.

I amusingly await a post here saying “See? I told you Shayna was right!” haha

A real confirmation I will gladly accept, but sorry guys Shayna didn’t give a confirmation, she just gave her opinion that “it looks like” and I accepted it as such.

8 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I do not envy Ottawa’s situation. You have a guy who wants a contract similar to Timo Meier and neither you or any other team in the league want to give him that contract. So what are your options, 1) basically give him away on the trade market or 2) let him play out his $9M QO this year but see all your cap space go down the drain.

Fun times in Ottawa.

Yep, nailed Ottawa's dilemma.  They don't want to pay DeBrincat that QO of $9M or anything close to that and neither do the other 31 NHL teams.  I mean maybe Arizona or Chicago can swing it, but it almost seems like Ottawa would also need to sweeten the deal just to get him off their books.  Not an enviable position at all!

• Pie 2

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

I choose to believe Shayna cause it makes me happy to think we are getting Tank just I like I choose to believe that I’m winning the lottery every time I pick up a power ball ticket. I still haven’t won power ball yet but we’ll see what happens lol.

Can’t argue with your personal choices haha. Will be fun to see what happens.

• Pie 1

I agree with the Ottawa discussions, and their needing to offload deBrinkat if they want Tarasenko. That’s why I’m more inclined to believe his agent is trying to squeeze everything out of the Canes he can.

Don’t rely on my comments though I get all my rumors from Booger Thompson and he’s on a beer drinking binge again.