• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers have made an offer...

TheCasillas

40 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Only if they didn’t plan on re-signing him. It would have been a different scenario on a team with more good young players coming up on contract extensions but that’s actually not the case for the Panthers right now.  I was fully in favor of making that trade especially given the team was total ass at the time, but if they’re going to keep him, make sure you keep him. 

Yep we are pot committed now

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

This entire discourse reminds me of Charles Johnson back in 09/10 or whenever that contract happened. He got a contract that reset the entire pass rusher market and he wasn't as good as Burns is at this point in their careers respectively.

He didn't quite live up to that contract but he was never a true liability while he was making that money.

I expect something similar to happen with Burns contract-wise, but I think Burns takes it up another notch in his play simply because he's been hamstrung by scheme in his recent years.

We'll see.

You're right, whats funny is that aside from Interceptions Burns sacks and pressures are almost identical to Julius Peppers first 4 years (burns has played less games as well) and Burns didn't have Steve Smith, Mushin Mahammud, Jake Delhomme, and Stephen Davis on the other side of the ball, this fanbase is something else.

Edited by thunderraiden

5 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

You're right, whats funny is that aside from Interceptions Burns sacks and pressures are almost identical to Julius Peppers first 4 years (burns has played less games as well) and Burns didn't have Steve Smith, Mushin Mahammud, Jake Delhomme, and Stephen Davis on the other side of the ball, this fanbase is something else.

So far today we have posters comparing Burns to bosa and now peppers.  Goddamn people 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

"We"

My man you are not paying a dime on Burns contract. I will never understand how fans act like they are writing these checks for players. Sit back relax and watch Burns get paid. Great for him and his family.

Yes, he can say we. Where do you think the TV money and every other revenue stream comes from? NFL fans. It’s almost stupid to say we aren’t writing the checks because Amazon, CBS, Fox and ESPN are just giving away their money. They are giving away advertising money for products and services that the consumers, NFL fans in the case, buy.

The checks the owners write use money that NFL fans have spent and probably some non NFL fans as well.

Edited by WhoKnows
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, WhoKnows said:

Yes, he can say we. Where do you think the TV money and every other revenue stream comes from? NFL fans. It’s almost stupid to say we aren’t writing the checks because Amazon, CBS, Fox and ESPN are just giving away their money. They are giving away advertising money for products and services that the consumers, NFL fans in the case, buy.

The checks the owners write use money that NFL fans have spent and probably some non NFL fans as well.

What's the point?

You guys get so worked up over something you can't control. Why the hell should a players contract matter to you?

Like grow up dude. Some people will be rich. You had a life, what you did with yours is on you. Stop hating on these athletes. They all underpaid if we being honest. NFL is a multi biliion dollar business. These players aren't even getting 25% of that.

Get paid players get paid!

• Poo 1

50 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

I don’t get this. You want our offense was to be so great that that Burns is playing garbage time and not having to play the run? Personally, I want a 2015 defense that played so well that they gave our offense great field position. Cam doesn’t win the MVP without that D having the most takeaways in the NFL. Cam had 35 passing TDs (tied for 3rd in the NFL with 36 being 1st and 2nd) but our passing yards were 24th, 1400 yards behind 1st.

I think Burns may have a great year but complaining that the offense hasn’t done enough to make Burns be an impact player like Bosa makes the case for the argument that Burns isn’t elite yet. I recall games where Watt or Bosa or heck even Kawann took over a game and blew up the offense by themselves. I don’t think we’ve seen that out of Burns yet. Hopefully, we will because he’s going to be here a long time for a lot of money.

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

What's the point?

You guys get so worked up over something you can't control. Why the hell should a players contract matter to you?

Like grow up dude. Some people will be rich. You had a life, what you did with yours is on you. Stop hating on these athletes. They all underpaid if we being honest. NFL is a multi biliion dollar business. These players aren't even getting 25% of that.

Get paid players get paid!

Wait, I give you the actual facts that NFL fans do in fact pay the salaries of NFL players and now you want me to grow up? You were the one chastising someone else for using “we” and now you go on a diatribe? I’ve made quite a bit out of my life, pretty damn happy with it. I’m not complaining about their salaries the other guy was. I was just saying he has every right to do so.

Your insecurities are really showing here when you are wrong. Just relax and grow up man, it’s OK for other people to feel however they feel. Just like Burns won’t feel bad for the guy who thinks he’s getting paid too much, he also DGAF about you protecting him. He’ll sign the deal and enjoy the money regardless of you or him. Still doesn’t make my points wrong.

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

@mrcompletely11 what if someone told you are not that great at your job. They would like you to take a paycut and decrease your yearly salary how would you feel?

This is basically you when it comes to these players and their contracts. Stop hating.

I get you are like 12 but godalmighty kid do better then that. 

• Beer 1

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

@mrcompletely11 what if someone told you are not that great at your job. They would like you to take a paycut and decrease your yearly salary how would you feel?

This is basically you when it comes to these players and their contracts. Stop hating.

Wahhh! If you can’t handle public scrutiny, don’t take a public job. Do you cry when Biden and Trump get made fun of or when Selena Gomez was called fat? Dude, Burns is fine with or without you. He’s not reading this thread and you aren’t his bodyguard.

• Pie 1

Wait, I give you the actual facts that NFL fans do in fact pay the salaries of NFL players and now you want me to grow up? You were the one chastising someone else for using “we” and now you go on a diatribe? I’ve made quite a bit out of my life, pretty damn happy with it. I’m not complaining about their salaries the other guy was. I was just saying he has every right to do so.

Your insecurities are really showing here when you are wrong. Just relax and grow up man, it’s OK for other people to feel however they feel. Just like Burns won’t feel bad for the guy who thinks he’s getting paid too much, he also DGAF about you protecting him. He’ll sign the deal and enjoy the money regardless of you or him. Still doesn’t make my points wrong.

I've said it 100x now.  He is nothing more then a juvenile troll.  And his dumb ass posts are the evidence 

• Pie 1

So you basically think people can tell other people what they should and shouldn't make?

My parents always told me don't count another's man pockets. "Pocket watching".

Im a 33 year old CEO. Money is not a problem for me which is why I don't care what other people make. If it was up to me everyone would be millionaires. 

NFL is a violent sport. Im always going to support the players when it comes to making the most money they can. 

• Poo 1