• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Verizon is offering NFL Sunday Ticket for free

PanthersATL

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

It is better, but it's not going to directly help you see Sunday Ticket. I have Cricket (AT&T), and I doubt I'll use Verizon (or any of its MVNOs) ever again. Their network is simply just too congested in my experience. This may make it worse.

Wouldn't recommend trying to watch Sunday Ticket over a cell phone connection.  Just my opinion.  

I mean, you CAN -- because Youtube TV is supposed to be available over cellular.  But still...

Edited by PanthersATL

8 hours ago, PanthersATL said:

*to some customers, starting July 27th

The free Sunday Ticket offer is available to new Verizon myPlan mobile customers purchasing the latest Samsung and Google smartphones — including the new Galaxy Z Flip5, Z Fold5 and Pixel Fold — and new Verizon Home Internet customers who take a Fios 1 Gig, Fios 2 Gig, 5G Home Plus or LTE Home plan. New Verizon Unlimited Plus Mobile customers can get access to NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube or YouTube TV with the purchase of select smartphones from Samsung (Galaxy S23 Series, Galaxy Z Fold5 or Galaxy Z Flip5), Google (Pixel Fold, Pixel 7 or 7 Pro) or Motorola (the Edge+).

existing Verizon customers who upgrade to eligible mobile and home internet plans can get the free NFL Sunday Ticket offer. All other existing Verizon mobile customers are eligible for a $100 credit, redeemable through the company’s +play subscription hub, when they sign up for NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube or YouTube TV.

what a deal! 

26 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

Wouldn't recommend trying to watch Sunday Ticket over a cell phone connection.  Just my opinion.  

I mean, you CAN -- because Youtube TV is supposed to be available over cellular.  But still...

I'ma tell you the truth. I'm kinda cheap when it comes to certain things. Before Amazon Prime took over, I used to watch Thursday night games on my cell via Yahoo. It wasn't ideal, but I could see the game. BTW, they only allowed a connection via cellular, but Cricket worked like a champ.

21 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I'ma tell you the truth. I'm kinda cheap when it comes to certain things. Before Amazon Prime took over, I used to watch Thursday night games on my cell via Yahoo. It wasn't ideal, but I could see the game. BTW, they only allowed a connection via cellular, but Cricket worked like a champ.

Well how does Youtube work for you?  Since the standalone package will be viewable on YouTube - that should answer it's viability for you (one would think)

6 hours ago, Sir Big Spurr said:

Yeah, I switched to YouTube TV earlier this year. I went ahead and signed up for Sunday Ticket when they were running the $250 special. 

I’m still curios how different it will be on YouTube TV. Will they still have the game mix channels? How many games can you stream at once?

I think I read somewhere 4 games can be streamed at the same time.

22 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

Well how does Youtube work for you?  Since the standalone package will be viewable on YouTube - that should answer it's viability for you (one would think)

Great, but I'm in the Panthers TV area (for probably at least the next 6-11 years). I can watch the Thursday night games on Prime. There are ways to see the MNF games also if I really want to. 😅 Unless I hit a big winning lotto ticket, I won't encourage the NFL and it's contractors to keep  being greedy. I came up when all the games were broadcast on ABC, NBC, or CBS. I have raged against the machine ever since. If they put all the games on cable, then I might have a problem (and they might have one too). Until then, fug 'em!

So I have a few questions about Sunday Ticket and this plan.  It says "out of market" games.  So if I love in market in South Carolina, I wouldn't get the Panthers games at home?  Next question.  I'm a truck driver who isn't home most Sundays.  If it's set up for my address in South Carolina, but am streaming it in my truck in Rockford Illinois am I still considered in market or out of market and can I get the game?  3rd question.  I know nothing about VPNs.  Would using a VPN make it so the streaming would work in Market?

11 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Great, but I'm in the Panthers TV area (for probably at least the next 6-11 years). I can watch the Thursday night games on Prime. There are ways to see the MNF games also if I really want to. 😅 Unless I hit a big winning lotto ticket, I won't encourage the NFL and it's contractors to keep  being greedy. I came up when all the games were broadcast on ABC, NBC, or CBS. I have raged against the machine ever since. If they put all the games on cable, then I might have a problem (and they might have one too). Until then, fug 'em!

If you're in the Panthers TV area and only want to watch Panthers games, then Sunday Ticket is not for you.  All games should be available over the air (no cable needed) other than the Amazon games. 

(The rule is that if it's on a pay cable service, it should also be carried by a local broadcast station - typically an ESPN/ABC partnership, but not always, depending on market)

22 minutes ago, panfanman said:

I'm a truck driver who isn't home most Sundays.  If it's set up for my address in South Carolina, but am streaming it in my truck in Rockford Illinois am I still considered in market or out of market and can I get the game?  

Good question.

you get all the Sunday games that are not offered locally at your official YouTube home address.  They're blacked out on the Ticket because you can watch them on local channels.

But if you're travelling -- then the games that would be blacked out would be the games airing in the local city you happen to be in.

So in theory -- if you live in Charlotte and only want to watch Panthers games, then Sunday Ticket would black out the Panthers games since they'd be available locally.  But if you travel to (let's say) the middle of South Dakota where the local broadcast features the Vikings, then the Vikings games would be blacked out and you (should) be able to watch the Panthers on Sunday Ticket.

At least, that's the way YouTube is saying it's supposed to work. Whether it ends up that way or not is something we'll find out in September

There may be rules regarding YouTube TV (or Sunday Ticket) access remotely over extended periods of time where devices need to be "reset" occasionally via streaming from the account holder's home address, but that shouldn't affect the majority of subscribers.

Edited by PanthersATL
  • Pie 1

17 minutes ago, panfanman said:

So I have a few questions about Sunday Ticket and this plan.  It says "out of market" games.  So if I love in market in South Carolina, I wouldn't get the Panthers games at home?  

This all depends on where in South Carolina you are and whether the Panthers are officially the local broadcast.  I'd hope it would be for SC, but different DMAs can choose to air different games.

If an Atlanta station decides to air the CAR v GB game (ie, not an Atlanta game) -- Sunday Ticket would block the CAR v GB game for Atlanta DMA because the game is available on local broadcast.  In this case, CAR vs GB would be considered "in market" because it's airing locally

20 minutes ago, panfanman said:

I know nothing about VPNs.  Would using a VPN make it so the streaming would work in Market?

VPNs might hurt you more than help, but YouTube is trying to make it as straightforward as possible to watch games:  

If the game is carried on local TV, Sunday Ticket will black it out because you can watch it via local broadcast.

If the game is not carried on local TV, then Sunday Ticket should have the game.