• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should have Traded Moore When You Had The Chance

fitty76

Two years ago I posted on this site that the Panthers should trade Matt Moore. The Eagles got a 2nd round pick from the Dolphins for AJ Feeley. Feeley only played 4 games in 2002. I'm not saying the Panthers would have gotten a 2nd round pick for Moore, but he should have been on the trading block after what he did in 2007.

You guys all ripped me back then. Saying that Moore was the future and that you don't give away talent. Well would you want to make that trade now?

I'm glad we didn't trade Moore. He is looking better now so I see him as the future. Plus, we can save up some salary cap by keeping him as the starter (if that happend) & not draft a QB so we can get bigger need than that. Not to mention we don't have to worry about how a QB we selected will do.

Moore was ok today. Not great, but ok. All the illegal formation calls hurt us bad. Not sure if that was his fault or not. In truth, we have been making mistakes like that all year, so maybe its not his fault.

What also is not seen is that he had no picks even with Mooses bad day. He only had one sack. Also the most important he got the ball to Smith for a TD. Given that he has just started practicing with the Starters that seems like good stats too me.

He has tremendous pocket presence which is a HUGE plus. Also, his tempo is much faster than Jake's. Once the cadence started and the ball was snapped, the whole offense just moved faster then they normally do. He can also throw on the run and was able to avoid what would have been about 4-5 sacks had Jake been in there. I still like his play so far but any mistakes on the team's part will certainly make his progression that much more difficult for him. We made a lot of mistakes today all over the field. I particularly did not like the call by Fox (know it was him) to make the field goal attempt at 54yds. Obviously, Fox did not learn from the SB that you don't GIVE the Pats a short field. Also, there was numerous times when Welker was not covered AT ALL from the LOS. WTF?!?!?! IT'S WELKER!!!!!!!!

Archived