• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What I saw today

Argus Plexus

The Panthers played well on both sides of the ball. That would have been good enough to beat any average team. But we were playing against an animal that was backed into a corner.

I think the officiating was absolutely awful. Worst all season. Even worse than the Jets game. They were calling penalties that I haven't even HEARD OF before, and sometimes I wondered if they were just making up penalties to give the Patriots better position. It was absolutely terrible. WHERE ARE MY HOLDING CALLS FOR PEPPERS?! HE GETS HELD EVERY DAMN PLAY!

I think the play calling today was the best I've seen all season. They kept NE on their toes, and were doing some VERY creative things on offense. However, they should have run the ball a little more than they did.

I believe that the defense played well enough to keep them out of the endzone nearly the entire first half. Very impressive with those several turnovers. However, they petered out in the second half, and started playing passive-aggressive football and gave up way too many yards. They didn't step up when they were needed, and failed to get several obviously easy picks.

I think the offense was in it's best form it's been all season as far as the passing game goes. Yes, there were a LOT of penalties, but most were just ridiculous. Inability to drive down the field when it was needed killed the Panthers's chances. That TD pass to Smitty was gorgeous, though. The running game was awesome, as usual, but personally, it should have been utilized more often.

The Special Teams was just terrible. That Roughing the Kicker call was retarded. That should've never happened. They only returned it past the 25 maybe once or twice. That fumble by Sutton was just awful. They couldn't block or tackle enemy returners for poo. Only once or twice were they able to keep enemy returners behind the 25. That missed field goal wasn't Kasay's fault. It was a 53 yard attempt. I wasn't expecting him to get it.

Offense: C

Defense: C

Special Teams: F

Overall, not a bad effort. When they played hard, they played well enough that it looked like they could beat the Patriots. However, inability to sustain that intensity cost yet another game. Oh well, too bad for us.

On the bright side, NO INTERCEPTIONS FOR MOORE! WHO GIVES US THE BEST CHANCE TO WIN AGAIN?! JUST TELL ME, JOHN FOX!

the pats played like crap. we had them and let them go.

we lost because we gave the game away. thanks goes to the panthers coaching staff.

i disagree with this, actually... i thought coaching and playcalling was actually pretty decent. the fact that we were playing a team totally out of our class, and we were still in it so late in the game, suggests a good combination of coaching/playcalling.

to me, it was the garbage refs. garbage calls ruined this game - and that is not a woe-is-us cop-out.

i disagree with this, actually... i thought coaching and playcalling was actually pretty decent. the fact that we were playing a team totally out of our class, and we were still in it so late in the game, suggests a good combination of coaching/playcalling.

to me, it was the garbage refs. garbage calls ruined this game - and that is not a woe-is-us cop-out.

The Patriots are a mediocre team this season. We played like poo against a mediocre team.

they have a very suspect defensive backfield and we did nothing to exploit it. Why? Because Moore was missing open WR's all over the field.

He is not the answer...and neither is Jake.

We have zero answer at qB on this roster.

Archived