• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let Peppers go

Squirrel

Unless he signs a contract we should let Peppers leave. Even if we cant get anything for him. There is no reason to pay him that much money and handicap the team. Johnson is finally coming along and we can sign Brayton cheap along with Browns progression Peppers can walk as far as I care.

new coach isn't going to want to mess with him.

changing the direction of the team will be hard enough without players who are apathetic and aren't on board.

new coach ought to ask him if he's in or out and if he says in than he only stays if he signs a long term and cap friendly deal, and even then i might trade him anyway and get some decent picks. otherwise just let him walk and wipe the dust off the feet.

probably will do the same for several other players on the team as well. i don't expect a house cleaning like the falcons had but they will get rid of the dead weight.

Even if we do trade Peppers, it will be for less compensation than we could have had this offseason. Hurney asked for too much just like he did with Kris Jenkins. We could have traded Jenkins to the Rams for a 2nd round pick in 2007, instead we traded him a year late so we could get a 3rd and a 5th that we used on the studs known as Charles Godfrey and Gary Barnidge.

Even if we do trade Peppers, it will be for less compensation than we could have had this offseason. Hurney asked for too much just like he did with Kris Jenkins. We could have traded Jenkins to the Rams for a 2nd round pick in 2007, instead we traded him a year late so we could get a 3rd and a 5th that we used on the studs known as Charles Godfrey and Gary Barnidge.

I dont think Hurney asked for anything.

If Peppers won't resign long term then I say tag him and trade him for whatever you can get. Even a couple 3rd rounders would be ok. Try to sign Kampman and maybe look into Gholston and Moss to bring in for competition. E. Brown will have another year on his and belt and Johnson is starting material I think we could manage.

Archived