• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Fox leaves...

Matt Foley

...so, too, will about a third to a half of this roster. Are you all ready for that?

So long, Hoov. So long, Moose. So long, Pep and Smitty. So long, Diggs and Harris and Kasay.

New coach is going to want his guys, and usher out the expensive guys or guys who are long in the tooth. He'll want to build on Beason, Davis, and Gamble on defense and Gross, Kalil, Otah and the two running backs on offense.

...so, too, will about a third to a half of this roster. Are you all ready for that?

So long, Hoov. So long, Moose. So long, Pep and Smitty. So long, Diggs and Harris and Kasay.

New coach is going to want his guys, and usher out the expensive guys or guys who are long in the tooth. He'll want to build on Beason, Davis, and Gamble on defense and Gross, Kalil, Otah and the two running backs on offense.

I'm aware of it, and aware that next season would likely become a rebuilding year and, as such, would suck.

I'm prepared for that.

Smitty and Harris aren't going anywhere.

Kasay, Hoov, and Moose it's time.

Peppers, just get out.

I'm good with that.

i anticipate change....lots of it and i don't have a problem with this.

we will likely lose next year more than we will win. it will be acceptable losses, though. in a rebuilding you expect that.

i anticipate a complete change in the coaching staff...especially on offense and special teams. defense may also get yet another overhaul.

there will be player turnover as well as the new coach tries to make it his team.

i fully expect to see these guys gone: hoover, vincent, jake, mccown, moore, moose, jarrett, kasay, lloyd, peppers, lewis, diggs, landon johnson, anderson, kemo,

i wouldn't be surprised to see smith gone and traded for picks. there could be a couple others as well.

some moves will look like shear brilliance. other moves will be head scratchers. some will piss the majority of fans off.

in the end, though, it will be a team that we will like. there will be excitement over it and we'll have another shot at the playoffs in a couple years.

i'd be surprised if the new coach is anything like fox in personality. it will be someone with energy and hype. it will be someone that will have to change the dynamic of the team and get them energized.

camp with the new coach will be fun to watch. give the players time away from this season and all the turmoil and turnover and a new reason for optimism about the future.

yeah, the team will look different and it will take some getting used to but i'm ready for it. it isn't like it hasn't happened before and it's not like 3/4 of the league hasn't gone through this in the past 3 years. it happens when you have an organization that wants to put out a better product than what they have been. it's what happens when you have an organization that wants to win.

i just hope it happens. we'll know soon enough.

Archived