• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For those struggling to lose weight.

CamWhoaaCam

4 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

That what fasting is. Calorie deficit. 

Exercise is what helps you lose weight at a faster pace. 

Sorry but you're wrong about fasting being a calorie deficit and exercise. All it is is time restricted eating. You can gain weight and fast every single day. What you eat matters more. Cardio has very little impact on weight loss unless you're spending hours in a gym daily. Building muscle mass actually raises your metabolism so you burn at a higher rate all day vs a small workout period. 

Our bodies are built to go without food. Up until the last 150 or so years and the advancement of mass agriculture, eating wasn't always a guarantee. If game was scarce, it could be a week or more without food. Our modern human history is a speck in our existence as a species and the majority of that time has been spent as hunter/gatherers. 

I've been ketovore and OMAD for almost 3.5 years. I lost 150lbs in 14 months with zero effort. My diet is heavily animal based but also includes almost all offal except brains. I can work long days in the heat during an extended fast (5-7 days) and don't even feel it. If you focus on feeding your body high quality, nutritionally dense food from clean sources you likely won't need to eat because your body is actually fed what it really needs. 

People always say breakfast is the most important meal of the day but its really just a slogan to sell cereal. 

6 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Sorry but you're wrong about fasting being a calorie deficit and exercise. All it is is time restricted eating. You can gain weight and fast every single day. What you eat matters more. Cardio has very little impact on weight loss unless you're spending hours in a gym daily. Building muscle mass actually raises your metabolism so you burn at a higher rate all day vs a small workout period. 

Our bodies are built to go without food. Up until the last 150 or so years and the advancement of mass agriculture, eating wasn't always a guarantee. If game was scarce, it could be a week or more without food. Our modern human history is a speck in our existence as a species and the majority of that time has been spent as hunter/gatherers. 

I've been ketovore and OMAD for almost 3.5 years. I lost 150lbs in 14 months with zero effort. My diet is heavily animal based but also includes almost all offal except brains. I can work long days in the heat during an extended fast (5-7 days) and don't even feel it. If you focus on feeding your body high quality, nutritionally dense food from clean sources you likely won't need to eat because your body is actually fed what it really needs. 

People always say breakfast is the most important meal of the day but its really just a slogan to sell cereal. 

I tried keto, but I honestly didn't notice a huge difference I was never a big carbs guy which is basically what keto is cutting carbs.

I agree with your point about breakfast.

Its a combo of everything IMHO. Taking in good clean food as well as healthy exercise, hit the gym/weights and adequate sleep as well as taking in proper electrolytes (not the high sugar crap!) and making sure you are getting enough vitamins in your foods and if not supplementing with a good whole food multi vitamin. Also, allowing yourself a cheat meal once per week will keep you sane! Doesn't have to be some fancy keto or paleo diet etc. They are proven to work for some but I think its more or less a clean diet with good exercise and taking in proper nutrients while staying hydrated with good sleep and you can achieve whatever your weight loss goals are while staying more happy not restricting the hell out of certain thing. Some can do it but I dont think the whole keto thing is conducive long term for many as there are some who need or crave some carbs so I caution away from keto for everyone.

51 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Its a combo of everything IMHO. Taking in good clean food as well as healthy exercise, hit the gym/weights and adequate sleep as well as taking in proper electrolytes (not the high sugar crap!) and making sure you are getting enough vitamins in your foods and if not supplementing with a good whole food multi vitamin. Also, allowing yourself a cheat meal once per week will keep you sane! Doesn't have to be some fancy keto or paleo diet etc. They are proven to work for some but I think its more or less a clean diet with good exercise and taking in proper nutrients while staying hydrated with good sleep and you can achieve whatever your weight loss goals are while staying more happy not restricting the hell out of certain thing. Some can do it but I dont think the whole keto thing is conducive long term for many as there are some who need or crave some carbs so I caution away from keto for everyone.

Cutting the sodas helped a ton as well. Although I still drink my hennessy/coke on game days.lol

When I crave a soda I grab those zero calories/sugar energy drinks.

1 hour ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Yeah, keto isn't for everyone. My body thrives on it but the more important thing no matter what you eat is that it's a clean source of nutrition. I was surprised though, once I broke through that carb addiction how fast my cravings for carbs went away. 

If you go back and look at when rates of obesity and T2 diabetes started to climb, it's right after WW2 and coincides with the introduction of highly processed quick foods into the household. Fast forward 75 years, and there's highly processed food on 3 out of every 4 corners and T2 and morbid obesity is common in grade school and even toddlers. 

Edited by SmokinwithWilly

Fasting does work. One thing that really worked for me was to do my workouts in the morning while fasted. Then make my protein shake as a meal supplement. Then have my meal prepped dinner (usually chicken, broccoli, sweet potatoes, green beans and rice). Do that for about 4/5 days a week, 1 cheat day, worked pretty well for me.  

1 hour ago, OneBadCat said:

Fasting does work. One thing that really worked for me was to do my workouts in the morning while fasted. Then make my protein shake as a meal supplement. Then have my meal prepped dinner (usually chicken, broccoli, sweet potatoes, green beans and rice). Do that for about 4/5 days a week, 1 cheat day, worked pretty well for me.  

Chicken n broccoli diet works. I did this for a week during this process and loss 4 pounds.