• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top corner duos

Verge

2 hours ago, Camp Fodder said:

We kept Shaq instead. If memory serves me correctly the money the Giants gave him was about the same we gave Shaq

We did and I think you're right. Tough decision. Still, wish we'd have snagged him back to the team before he went to Philly.

We don't have anything close to a top 5 duo. Especially not if you include Chinn. He definitively is not a CB. And for as much as we love Horn he has about 25 seconds of tape as an NFL player. 

We might have the "potential" to be a top 5-10 unit but that is far from the truth on a current ranking.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I cannot see anyway to honestly argue for us having a top 5 NFL CB duo, especially using a S/LB hybrid who will be playing a "big nickel" position that's basically exactly that - a S/LB hybrid position as one of the CBs.

But, that seems to be the way sports media is going in the internet era. The easiest way to get retweets and shares and clicks js from people calling you an idiot for a clickbait take.

I don't get paid for clicks, shares, etc. 

I think Horn when healthy is a top five corner and I think Chinn has shown to excel in coverage, and think he will continue to do so more in the Evero defense when he spends the majority of time at nickel. I had considered DJAX but Chinn is an elite defensive player by any measure. 

• Beer 1

31 minutes ago, Verge said:

I think Horn when healthy is a top five corner and I think Chinn has shown to excel in coverage, and think he will continue to do so more in the Evero defense when he spends the majority of time at nickel. I had considered DJAX but Chinn is an elite defensive player by any measure. 

I think Horn is going to be great.  But he has frankly only faced Joe Burrow.   Everyone else has been a bum.  And that game was over after a quarter.  A never showed much because of the blowout where we couldn’t stop Joe Mixon.  Horn hasn’t proved a ton because of lack of games and competition. 

30 minutes ago, Verge said:

Didn't mean it as a shot at you personally, just an observation of the field as a whole. Don't hate the player hate the game type of deal.

• Pie 1