• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Football 2023

jayboogieman

21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, having local talent is a nice perk but SC probably isn't all that high. Texas is definitely the 1b to Florida. Then you have California, Georgia, Virginia, honestly NC is probably above SC. SC is honestly probably borderline top 10.

What superstars have came from NC in the last 10 years?

SC off the top of my head has produced Deandre Hopkins/Clowney/Stephon Gilmore/Deebo Samuel just to name a few.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean, he's supposedly a UNC fan who spends all his time arguing that every other QB is better than Maye and Maye ain't poo if we don't go to the playoffs. He's an odd one. 😂

So you want me to fit in with you other UNC homers?

Don't think I don't see the comments about your clique.lol

Im reasonable with Maye. He's great, but he's not on the same talent level as Caleb. Im not even sure if he's the 2nd best QB in the country at this point. The Pac is loaded with talented QB's.

Do I want Maye to win the Heisman? Yes.

Do I think Maye will win the Heisman? Probably not.

Im all for UNC but im not going to call Maye the best QB just because im a UNC fan. There is a reason Caleb is getting all the hype and Nat'l commercials right now. He's the real deal.

5 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

What superstars have came from NC in the last 10 years?

SC off the top of my head has produced Deandre Hopkins/Clowney/Stephon Gilmore/Deebo Samuel just to name a few.

There's more to it than just superstars. NC was 7th with 95 players on NFL rosters last year. SC was 15th with 56.

Calling Clowney a superstar is a pretty big reach. He hit a Michigan RB really hard and got drafted #1 overall. Those are his career highlights.

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

So you want me to fit in with you other UNC homers?

Don't think I don't see the comments about your clique.lol

Im reasonable with Maye. He's great, but he's not on the same talent level as Caleb. Im not even sure if he's the 2nd best QB in the country at this point. The Pac is loaded with talented QB's.

Do I want Maye to win the Heisman? Yes.

Do I think Maye will win the Heisman? Probably not.

Im all for UNC but im not going to call Maye the best QB just because im a UNC fan. There is a reason Caleb is getting all the hype and Nat'l commercials right now. He's the real deal.

Yeah, I'm a total homer. 😂

The homers say I'm nothing but a fairweather fan.

If your boy Caleb tries to hold the ball for four seconds in the NFL it's not gonna go well.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

No. I just think you're a hype train guy. That's why you're constantly focused on "superstars" and whether this QB's team is elite or not to make your value judgements.

That's what makes me unique. I don't fit in with others. I call it like I see it.

I get you're Carolina through and through but other people outside of Carolina have eyes. They see Caleb as the best QB in college football. It's okay for Maye to be the 2nd best QB.

Go Heels!

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

So because I think Caleb is better than Maye that means im not a diehard UNC fan?

You put a Duke QB in the same sentence as Maye simply because he scrambled and ran well yesterday while having frankly a weak game as a passer.  Probably that. 

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

That's what makes me unique. I don't fit in with others. I call it like I see it.

I get you're Carolina through and through but other people outside of Carolina have eyes. They see Caleb as the best QB in college football. It's okay for Maye to be the 2nd best QB.

Go Heels!

Being a hype train guy is the opposite of being unique.

I've spent several pages now defending Dabo and Clemson against ridiculous accusations by you and others but don't mind me, I'm just Carolina through and through. 😂

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Being a hype train guy is the opposite of being unique.

I've spent several pages now defending Dabo and Clemson against ridiculous accusations by you and others but don't mind me, I'm just Carolina through and through. 😂

Not accusations. I just don't think Clemson is good this year.

But if you call that defending him so be it.lol

I’m interested to see Maye with his two top wide outs.

Tez Walker is a league guy, he had 11 TD’s in 12 games last year and nearly 1,000 receiving yards. At 6-3, Maye can just toss up the ball in his general direction and Walker will come down with it.

Then you have Nate McCollum who is Josh Downs lite. He put up 650 receiving yards in a triple option offense at Georgia Tech. There’s a decent chance he goes over 1,000 receiving yards for the year if he suits up starting this weekend. It’s all been reported that he runs a 4.41 40, the kid can fly.

Edited by MillionDollarCam