• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Checked out?

Mr. Scot

16 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

image.png.cddce375d26bbc57bf0cac11a000a0f3.png

The main debate was Burns or Luvu were/is panthers best defender. I said Luvu was the best last year(clearly). Then I would revisit this after a few&you claimed it was Burns. Besides one first quarter this year, its been ALLLLLLLLLLL LLLuvu ALLLLLLL the time. Last year showed the same show. 

cover2.jpg.4e37ee73473492a696b3d5f9a2c56bf7.jpg

2 hours ago, Basbear said:

The main debate was Burns or Luvu were/is panthers best defender. I said Luvu was the best last year(clearly). Then I would revisit this after a few&you claimed it was Burns. Besides one first quarter this year, its been ALLLLLLLLLLL LLLuvu ALLLLLLL the time. Last year showed the same show. 

Wait, how does Luvu being more impressive this year make him better last year? 

It doesn't.

I haven't really taken part in or monitored this debate but I'll point out one thing...

When you're judging defenders, you also have to pay attention to the way opposing offenses treat them.

It's pretty common for one guy on a defense to rack up more stats because opposing offenses are paying more attention to blocking the other guy.

Just something to consider 😕

10 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Wait, how does Luvu being more impressive this year make him better last year? 

It doesn't.

It doesnt, but it backed up him being the best defender last year. He constantly making plays, thats what the best ones do. Now he has for 1.5 seasons. 

This year aside, is this another debate for you about luvu not being the best defender in 2022? He clearly was for the fans that could watch. 

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

It doesnt, but it backed up him being the best defender last year. He constantly making plays, thats what the best ones do. Now he has for 1.5 seasons. 

This year aside, is this another debate for you about luvu not being the best defender in 2022? He clearly was for the fans that could watch. 

You're attempting to pass off your opinion as fact. 

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I haven't really taken part in or monitored this debate but I'll point out one thing...

When you're judging defenders, you also have to pay attention to the way opposing offenses treat them.

It's pretty common for one guy on a defense to rack up more stats because opposing offenses are paying more attention to blocking the other guy.

Just something to consider 😕

Yep Ive seen farrr too many unblocked or missed assignments defender get a free sack and act like they won the lotto. Luvu had a couple of them, but hes also destroyed some 340 LB OLman on the way to making a sack or TFL. Luvu is making, no hes willing/forcing the play to happen. Hes stepped up huge in the pass defense this year as well. 

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Yep Ive seen farrr too many unblocked or missed assignments defender get a free sack and act like they won the lotto. Luvu had a couple of them, but hes also destroyed some 340 LB OLman on the way to making a sack or TFL. Luvu is making, no hes willing/forcing the play to happen. Hes stepped up huge in the pass defense this year as well. 

For the record, I think Luvu's great.

Made note last game that he pretty much single-handedly destroyed an entire set of downs on one drive.

17 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

You're attempting to pass off your opinion as fact. 

It was no contest, much like this year.

Your my guy and all carl so no disrespect, but did you watch all the games form last year? Plus have you watch this years too?

Edited by Basbear

So while the debate rages on, anyone/everyone please answer this.

Luvu is at a similar pace as last year- Please list the players that had 111 tackles, 19 (TFL)tackle for loss and 7 sacks. He also had an INT return for a TD in 2022 as the cherry on top, but stick to the first three stats. Use the history of the NFL as well. 

But I will wait, btw he did those insane numbers as a 4-3 OLB another feat in itself.

It was no contest, much like this year.

Your my guy and all carl so no disrespect, but did you watch all the games form last year? Plus have you watch this years too?

I appreciate your Luvu enthusiasm. He's a great player and I'm thrilled to see him succeed.

Again, your opinion is not fact.

6 hours ago, Basbear said:

I’ve…seen things you people wouldn’t believe…

• Flames 1